News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ToTBellHop

Correct, they can't use the work Marvel. They already use the name "Guardians of the Galaxy" in the park so that is not a problem.
There is a different policy for park naming than for advertising. The verbal gymnastics when they try to market the Mix-Tape live is fun...
C610DD3F-07AE-4556-8C69-5A1E2695ACBF.png

What are they advertising for?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a different policy for park naming than for advertising. The verbal gymnastics when they try to market the Mix-Tape live is fun...
View attachment 382221

Yes, you are correct...

"If the particular character is not used by MCA, such character will not be advertised or promoted by means of (x) spot television buys, billboards, personal appearances, or print advertisements which are (y) viewed, located or primarily directed to persons within 300 miles of Orlando. In other words, regional (i.e. covering a multi-state geographic region) or national television or print media buys, or brochures would not be prohibited within such 300 mile radius."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
View attachment 382221
So when this brand new ride opens Disney won’t be able to advertise for it by name in Orlando? No billboards or Orlando Sentinel puff pieces? That should be interesting. At least they can still do those Disney channel bits with their stars riding the new ride.

ToTBellHop

So when this brand new ride opens Disney won’t be able to advertise for it by name in Orlando? No billboards or Orlando Sentinel puff pieces? That should be interesting. At least they can still do those Disney channel bits with their stars riding the new ride.
Correct. “Out of this world new coaster with super hero friends!” or perhaps “thrilling coaster from another galaxy!” but that might be pushing it. They can’t use the likeness of any of the Guardians either.

Lensman

The first picture has the Swolphin, Spaceship Earth, and GotG Box on the horizon.
Are you sure it's not the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? It's also in that sightline/direction and with a roofline at 320 feet above sea level, its roofline would be higher on the horizon than Spaceship Earth's which is at 270 feet above sea level.

I'm not entirely positive but I'd just like to raise the question. I did some work in Google Earth Pro at an altitude of 50 feet at Cabana Bay and looking to the horizon. Had to use the "create placemark, set altitude, cancel" trick to get the camera altitude correct.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you sure it's not the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? It's also in that sightline/direction and with a roofline at 320 feet above sea level, its roofline would be higher on the horizon than Spaceship Earth's which is at 270 feet above sea level.

I'm not entirely positive but I'd just like to raise the question. I did some work in Google Earth Pro at an altitude of 50 feet at Cabana Bay and looking to the horizon. Had to use the "create placemark, set altitude, cancel" trick to get the camera altitude correct.

Could be. But the Dolphin is also taller than SSE, so, one would expect that to show up.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Correct. “Out of this world new coaster with super hero friends!” or perhaps “thrilling coaster from another galaxy!” but that might be pushing it. They can’t use the likeness of any of the Guardians either.

They could use its subtitle name which is rumored to be 'Infinite Universe' and space-y images.

Or, just rely on national media coverage like their website to be very specific, like they do with "Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Tape Live."

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Whats the estimated opening of this? anyone have a guess?

Timeline: Opens Spring 2021 [here], before May [here]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom