News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mike S

You’re trying to justify theming inconsistency and especially with how it’s presented with period actors in from of the Chinese Theater before they were fired. The abandoned TOT has bellhops that is consistent with a working hotel of that era and not abandoned. If you were sent back via the TZ, it still isn’t consistent. You exit out into the same hotel as if you were still in that place and time. To be consistent, they need people in lab coats telling you there’s paranormal activity going on.

Every street corner has a Home Depot and Costco that looks exactly the same.
Maybe stop and consider the bellhops aren’t supposed to be mortals based on how they act.

And people in lab coats. Oh dear lord...

Mike S

I know right? I was going to go in depth on how everything he said was completely wrong, like how the streetmosphere actors weren't the only thing setting Hollywood Blvd. in the 30's. Or how this...

View attachment 381502

and this...

View attachment 381504

Clearly show that the hotel is supposed to be abandoned. And if it wasn't clear based on those photos then I guess the ride can just speak for it's self. The ending narration clearly states that the hotel is abandoned.

"The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood"

Lets look that up.

Deserted, adjective, A place devoid of people. See abandoned.

Well I guess the actual ride itself is wrong then. As for the Bellhops, multiple rides have to work in ride ops that sometimes go against their story, for example the Haunted Mansion is suppose to be abandoned as well. but it's crawling with ride ops. Are they suppose to be ghosts? If so why do they look different than the ghost on the ride? The presence of ride ops is something that has to be sacrificed in order to have the ride operational.

But you're right Mac Tonight, there's just no dealing with one's stubbornness and too shortsighted to see their lunacy...
They look different so they can blend in and give us a false sense of security. That’s always how I thought of it.

Mac Tonight

I know right? I was going to go in depth on how everything he said was completely wrong, like how the streetmosphere actors weren't the only thing setting Hollywood Blvd. in the 30's. Or how this...

View attachment 381502

and this...

View attachment 381504

Clearly show that the hotel is supposed to be abandoned. And if it wasn't clear based on those photos then I guess the ride can just speak for it's self. The ending narration clearly states that the hotel is abandoned.

"The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood"

Lets look that up.

Deserted, adjective, A place devoid of people. See abandoned.

Well I guess the actual ride itself is wrong then. As for the Bellhops, multiple rides have to work in ride ops that sometimes go against their story, for example the Haunted Mansion is suppose to be abandoned as well. but it's crawling with ride ops. Are they suppose to be ghosts? If so why do they look different than the ghost on the ride? The presence of ride ops is something that has to be sacrificed in order to have the ride operational.

But you're right Mac Tonight, there's just no dealing with one's stubbornness and too shortsighted to see their lunacy...
It’s all good man. We got into it the other day in the Inside Out/Figment thread. Once again he was “right” about everything and I was just an idiot :). It’s fun at first, but gets tiresome quick.

Movielover

They look different so they can blend in and give us a false sense of security. That’s always how I thought of it.

I always thought of the bellhops similar to the ghost from The Shining. Slowly re-awaking and appearing as the hotel comes back to life as we move further into the 5th dimension. Thinking they're actual bellhops still doing their job 80's years later is flat out ridiculous!

DanielBB8

I didn’t argue the Hotel wasn’t abandoned. I said “The abandoned TOT has bellhops that is consistent with a working hotel of that era and not abandoned.” This was about consistency of the theme once again in the past era. RNRC sticks out as a sore thumb.

Movielover

It’s all good man. We got into it the other day in the Inside Out/Figment thread. Once again he was “right” about everything and I was just an idiot :). It’s fun at first, but gets tiresome quick.

Its understandable. I can get a little heated sometimes (anyone familiar with my responses about The Last Jedi can attest, @Mike S knows how intense I get...), But this level of thickheaded lunacy is crazy, reminds me of that dog thread...

DanielBB8

Its understandable. I can get a little heated sometimes (anyone familiar with my responses about The Last Jedi can attest, @Mike S knows how intense I get...), But this level of thickheaded lunacy is crazy, reminds me of that dog thread...
I didn’t think I was the crazy one when I disagreed Guardians should replace RNRC. This is why up is down and down is up in these discussion threads.

Movielover

I didn’t argue the Hotel wasn’t abandoned. I said “The abandoned TOT has bellhops that is consistent with a working hotel of that era and not abandoned.” This was about consistency of the theme once again in the past era. RNRC sticks out as a sore thumb.

By that same logic then, the fact that we are going through this abandoned hotel with hundreds of other people at the same time is more detrimental to the abandoned plot line than the creepy bellhops. There are just some things that have to happen in a theme park setting that go against any type of themeing. It's like complaning that there were no anthropomorphic bears singing songs in the wild west while standing on paved concrete next to a electrically powered churro stand...

Mike S

I always thought of the bellhops similar to the ghost from The Shining. Slowly re-awaking and appearing as the hotel comes back to life as we move further into the 5th dimension. Thinking they're actual bellhops still doing their job 80's years later is flat out ridiculous!
Actually thinking about it now I think there’s some sign that mentions a preservation society but if they’re the bellhops why would they act creepy? I like your explanation though. Minus certain character quirks the bellhops actually do remind me of the ghost in The Shining. It is a hotel after all so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where Disney took some inspiration.

Movielover

Actually thinking about it now I think there’s some sign that mentions a preservation society but if they’re the bellhops why would they act creepy? I like your explanation though. Minus certain character quirks the bellhops actually do remind me of the ghost in The Shining. It is a hotel after all so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where Disney took some inspiration.

I always thought this was the extent of the preservation society...

;)

DanielBB8

By that same logic then, the fact that we are going through this abandoned hotel with hundreds of other people at the same time is more detrimental to the abandoned plot line than the creepy bellhops. There are just some things that have to happen in a theme park setting that go against any type of themeing. It's like complaning that there were no anthropomorphic bears singing songs in the wild west while standing on paved concrete next to a electrically powered churro stand...
By arguing it’s the present era, it didn’t seem so. The pretense has to be we’re already in the Twilight Zone when we entered the gate.

Movielover

By arguing it’s the present era, it didn’t seem so. The pretense has to be we’re already in the Twilight Zone when we entered the gate.
Once again we can turn to the script to clarify.

Preshow. "And this elevator travels directly to…The Twilight Zone.”

I thought that meant that we cross over into the TZ in the drop shaft because thats the point of impact of the lightning bolt. Our elevator has traveled through the hotel, which is "alive", again see shining similarities, that puts us into the main elevator shaft to hit us with lightning as well. I guess alot of it could be open to interpretation but this was always one of the rides that seem pretty spelled out and defined by the imagineers.

DanielBB8

Once again we can turn to the script to clarify.

Preshow. "And this elevator travels directly to…The Twilight Zone.”

I thought that meant that we cross over into the TZ in the drop shaft because thats the point of impact of the lightning bolt. Our elevator has traveled through the hotel, which is "alive", again see shining similarities, that puts us into the main elevator shaft to hit us with lightning as well. I guess alot of it could be open to interpretation but this was always one of the rides that seem pretty spelled out and defined by the imagineers.
Yes, but you said it’s the present era. That’s what you said. Then you said this contradiction is to be allowed due to what the attraction is. “There are just some things that have to happen in a theme park setting that go against any type of themeing.” How soon we forget.

DanielBB8

I always took the bellhops as being ghosts from the 30’s who are materializing in the present day to allow us to check in a la Haunted Mansion.
So many approved. They aren’t ghosts. There are no ghosts in TOT. No one has died there a la Haunted Mansion. People dematerialized.

Smiley/OCD

Folks, I'm not going to go thru 600+ pages on here, but I'm curios as to what the building next to the GotG building with the yellow dome is...I'm assuming it's "back stage" so if anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it...I'm just curious.

bclane

Folks, I'm not going to go thru 600+ pages on here, but I'm curios as to what the building next to the GotG building with the yellow dome is...I'm assuming it's "back stage" so if anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it...I'm just curious.
Are you asking about the old Wonders of Life Pavilion which is being transformed into the Play Pavilion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom