News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jmuboy

I believe the land clearing is for a retention pond? @danlb_2000 would probably know the answer to that one. The backstage road was routed closer to wonders to make room for the gravity building to be built, as seen in these photos:
View attachment 372819View attachment 372820

Got it. I thought so. I could not find old pictures. Thanks for clarifying.

Looking at the overhead photos of construction they COMPLETELY removed the "square patch of trees" that jutted out into the EPCOT guest lot but the new retention ponds and gravity building don't really use much of that old forested space. It only looks like staging space for the GOTG. So I am still curious what this huge open field (which used to be a forested plot) will be used for after the GOTG build out is complete. This has become more curious to me than the land clearing that happened behind the Japan pavilion last year.

The other comment, besides the building size and height, is with all the tree removal behind GOTG the berm between backstage areas near GOTG and guest parking look so bare. I hope they rebuild and replant the berm along the edge of the IMAGINE parking lot when all this work is done. It would help hide the ground level (eye level) view of the lower portions of the building (the 2 tone green wall is not tricking me).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Got it. I thought so. I could not find old pictures. Thanks for clarifying.

Looking at the overhead photos of construction they COMPLETELY removed the "square patch of trees" that jutted out into the EPCOT guest lot but the new retention ponds and gravity building don't really use much of that old forested space. It only looks like staging space for the GOTG. So I am still curious what this huge open field (which used to be a forested plot) will be used for after the GOTG build out is complete. This has become more curious to me than the land clearing that happened behind the Japan pavilion last year.

The other comment, besides the building size and height, is with all the tree removal behind GOTG the berm between backstage areas near GOTG and guest parking look so bare. I hope they rebuild and replant the berm along the edge of the IMAGINE parking lot when all this work is done. It would help hide the ground level (eye level) view of the lower portions of the building (the 2 tone green wall is not tricking me).

Here is the plan that shows the two ponds. Not sure what the plan is for the area between them.

rle4lunch

So I was in Epcot yesterday and we're headed back there for lunch today. This is my personal opinion, but the BBB blends nearly perfectly with the sky. My wife had to do a second or third scan after I mentioned something from world showcase. I had to actively look for it as well. From the parking lot, awful, but from inside the park, they did fine. Better than fine. TT's aesthetic is just getting worse and worse with age. The new space restaurant looks much bigger in person as well. I think that'll be a really cool addition.

jmuboy

So I was in Epcot yesterday and we're headed back there for lunch today. This is my personal opinion, but the BBB blends nearly perfectly with the sky. My wife had to do a second or third scan after I mentioned something from world showcase. I had to actively look for it as well. From the parking lot, awful, but from inside the park, they did fine. Better than fine. TT's aesthetic is just getting worse and worse with age. The new space restaurant looks much bigger in person as well. I think that'll be a really cool addition.
Agree the distance view from Morocco to Italy especially is “ok”

But the front gate area is not good -at all. Which is why I’m hoping for a densely planted berm along the parking lot. Like the one planted behind pandora .

rle4lunch

Fine ill be the one to admit....

That shot from Japan i didnt know the building was there at all. It waa the Gold Dome of Play Pav. That caught my eye first...

Here's another shot. This is the one I was going to post, but working from my phone and trying to select the right thumbnail in the midday sun makes it quite hard to choose the right pics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom