News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

New pictures on this site home page. 2021 should be an easy deadline.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_35196.jpg

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...dians-of-the-galaxy-construction-at-epcot.htm

tparris

Now that it's fully enclosed we can stop with pictures and hearing news about this stupid thing? :p
Well, the side of the launch tunnel that you can see from TT isn’t enclosed quite yet, although the mesh is too thick to see anything in there at this point anyways. There’s also that weird vertical line that isn’t enclosed yet, but we won’t be able to see anything going on in the building anymore. However there’s still the Energy building which is still open.

PizzaPlanet

That would be an enormous shame...lots of autistic kids really identify with him. Forgive me for being uninformed, but how is Drax in the Uni contract? I was under the impression that contract was mainly about characters considered part of the Avengers.
I don't really understand it, but apparently Drax has some connection with the Avengers through the comics.

Maybe there's some sort of loophole where he can be in the attraction but not used in any sort of marketing? After all he did appear with the rest of the team in the GMR finale montage.

BlakeW39

I don't really understand it, but apparently Drax has some connection with the Avengers through the comics.

Maybe there's some sort of loophole where he can be in the attraction but not used in any sort of marketing? After all he did appear with the rest of the team in the GMR finale montage.

Drax debuted as a Fantastic Four related character. And he is directly tied to Thanos.

TJJohn12

Drax debuted as a Fantastic Four related character. And he is directly tied to Thanos.
Wasn’t he an Iron Man comic debut? And he was a genetically engineered body with a human consciousness built specifically to attack Thanos? Seems like his (comic) backstory is way too tangled with the *Avengers* family to be grabbed by TDO.

jmuboy

So does anyone know what 1) the land clearing beyond the GOTG gravity building at the East edge of the guest lot and 2) the backstage road realignment is for ?

tparris

So does anyone know what 1) the land clearing beyond the GOTG gravity building at the East edge of the guest lot and 2) the backstage road realignment is for ?
I believe the land clearing is for a retention pond? @danlb_2000 would probably know the answer to that one. The backstage road was routed closer to wonders to make room for the gravity building to be built, as seen in these photos:
8AEF580E-200B-4BCA-8A78-87991071E1DC.jpeg
D9D2ECDA-513A-4CC9-A742-CC2295D9FEB2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom