News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
By making a gigantic eye sore that doesn’t magically disappear no matter what color they paint it.
Well, you can't see the BBB from inside: The Seas, The Land, Soarin', Imagination, Le Cellier, Impressions de France (or the new Rat ride), the Moroccan restaurant or museum, Mitsukoshi, the Italian restaurant(s), etc, Mission: Space, any of the rest rooms, etc.

Oh, and ironically, you won't be able to see it from inside the GotG ride, either.

So I still don't see how it "ruins" Epcot.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Just my opinion that it dates it :)

I get where folks are coming from (I totally do see your point and wasn't looking at it from that perspective, if I'm honest about it)

It's what folks want to see *now*. And that's fine.

I feel like people are a little overly defensive of Marvel, LOL. I wasn't even being critical but so many kind of jumped down my throat at my opinion ... (not really you). I mean, I love Guardians of the Galaxy but when Chris Pratt is 60 ...
Exactly, most of Marvel's live actions will look outdated in 20 years.

But perhaps Guardians can be the exception if they go with just the CGI characters in the future. This way it is like Disney and Pixar animation, timeless. Also the characters never age or throw adult tantrums and go to their trailers.

And if the actors doing the voices want more money, you fire them and just get soundalikes.

Coming from someone who isn't thrilled about Guardians in Epcot (but as someone who enjoys Guardians and the MCU):.

Is Indiana Jones Adventure dated because Harrison Ford is now 76? Would a Star Wars attraction that contained Luke and Leia from the original trilogy be dated today?

RSoxNo1

giphy.gif
I would have gone with the cliff jump from Butch Cassidy... also now a Disney property.

tparris

I saw some pictures from yesterday posted on another site (not that one). The gravity building is now fully enclosed on the side facing the park entrance. There is also some new roof work taking place on UoE, and there’s something going on with one of Energy’s ribs. Not sure if I can post the pictures or not so I won’t for now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I saw some pictures from yesterday posted on another site (not that one). The gravity building is now fully enclosed on the side facing the park entrance. There is also some new roof work taking place on UoE, and there’s something going on with one of Energy’s ribs. Not sure if I can post the pictures or not so I won’t for now.

You can post links to any site you want. If it's one of the few that is not allowed the board will just block it.

PizzaPlanet

I'm starting to think there might be some truth to Drax not being in the attraction due to the Universal contract. He's not on the GotG gondola design, with Yondu getting featured instead. If so that would be disappointing, since he's one of the funniest characters and a crucial part of the ensemble.

ImperfectPixie

I'm starting to think there might be some truth to Drax not being in the attraction due to the Universal contract. He's not on the GotG gondola design, with Yondu getting featured instead. If so that would be disappointing, since he's one of the funniest characters and a crucial part of the ensemble.
That would be an enormous shame...lots of autistic kids really identify with him. Forgive me for being uninformed, but how is Drax in the Uni contract? I was under the impression that contract was mainly about characters considered part of the Avengers.

Johnny Three-hats

I, for one, am perfectly happy to see space redneck dad Poppins be represented over Drax. I'll go sit in my corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom