News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Missing20K

The not-removing proposal was gorgeous. It would have ticked all the required boxes and then some.

It’s almost like someone(s) is (are) trying to prove how good they are.

Maybe.
A real shame that particular person(s) are unable to prove their worth to their boss(es) through a tasteful, cost effective renovation of existing resources and instead must resort to "big idea" schemes with high price tags and the corresponding requisite ROI.

Still find it quite amusing that DIS has trouble understanding renovating existing structures is 98% of the time a more effective use of capital than building new.

MickeyMinnieMom

It’s not just WDWMagic, it’s representative of one of the target demographics. Plus you know, they DO watch these forums on occasion, not that they care about the hardcore fans’ input
My point is that I'd be exceedingly surprised if they came to these forums to gauge whether they should go with "Proposal A or B", as you suggested in your previous post, based upon what a tiny group thinks. I think we're safe to theorize without that fear on that one.

Ripken10

My point is that I'd be exceedingly surprised if they came to these forums to gauge whether they should go with "Proposal A or B", as you suggested in your previous post, based upon what a tiny group thinks. I think we're safe to theorize without that fear on that one.
It seems my dream of an Epcot subforum might be happening. Now if only my other dream of a new thread for the guardians ride construction updates would happen. You all can keep this thread. Apparently I am In the minority though, just tired of shifting through the same post over and over again just to find actual construction progress.

kthomas105

Well obviously they don't compare proposal ideas on a site like this because the comparison of the proposals would be incomplete. It would however, be unwise to assume that no one associated with the Disney visits this site to observe feedback and conversation though. Imagine if your work had a fan-site/discussion board associated with it. I'm not saying you would go read it but can you honestly say none of your co-workers would go and read it?

DreamfinderGuy

It seems my dream of an Epcot subforum might be happening.
We did it.
F9D71CDC-1612-4980-85CA-A23B6050B369.png

MickeyMinnieMom

It seems my dream of an Epcot subforum might be happening. Now if only my other dream of a new thread for the guardians ride construction updates would happen. You all can keep this thread. Apparently I am In the minority though, just tired of shifting through the same post over and over again just to find actual construction progress.
I can have this thread? I've been wishing this thread would move on from the big ugly box discussion for ages now... posted as much several times!

Sometimes I'm still tempted to respond to something here clearly (!!) -- like the notion that Disney takes direction from threads here -- but happy to leave this thread in the dust if there's one that ACTUALLY discusses the attractions and development instead of the box and wishing for years gone by. :)

tparris

There's not much construction left to follow along for the next few years.

It'll mostly be indoor stuff from now on
For the gravity building, yes. There’s only one corner that isn’t closed. However I would think that major work on the Energy building should start early this year. They recently put these steel bars along the back of the pavilion, so who knows.

Surferboy567

I think their is something no one has mentioned regarding this ride...THEY HAVE NO FOOTAGE OF THE ACTORS Disney has to now bring the actors in (they were going to make them film during GoTG 3 filming before that fell though) kinda makes you wonder if they will all come back for it...Dave Bautista wasn't very happy how they fired Gunn.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think their is something no one has mentioned regarding this ride...THEY HAVE NO FOOTAGE OF THE ACTORS Disney has to now bring the actors in (they were going to make them film during GoTG 3 filming before that fell though) kinda makes you wonder if they will all come back for it...Dave Bautista wasn't very happy how they fired Gunn.

Drax may not be able to make an appearance in WDW to begin with. And secondly: contracts are contracts. Filming their park scenes while shooting a movie is convenience. But if inconvenient... well, they still need to show up and do it.

lazyboy97o

It’s been mentioned plenty. What people don’t understand is that the Studio isn’t going to do free work for Walt Disney Imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom