News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

LittleBuford

Yes. Yes and no.

Human perception is quirky. When you're purposely looking for something, you can distinguish millions of colors and fine shades of contrast such that the thing stands out for you. And when you're not purposely looking, what is considered by one's brain as unimportant goes unregistered in consciousness. Things that don't move and blend in the background especially 'go away.'

So, to answer your question... when you're looking for it or at it... it's obvious and no amount of color matching will hide it. Otherwise... what building?

Thanks! I'm still struck by how changeable the blue appears to be. It's curiously responsive to the surrounding conditions.

Jobacca

I know this will absolutely enrage everyone here,but considering the massive success of the Guardians Tower on the West Coast,and the problems with GotG vol. 3 not filming anytime soon,I would honestly rather see them clone the West Coast Tower Ride at the Studios and retheme this EPCOT coaster to something else.

eddie104

Yes. Yes and no.

Human perception is quirky. When you're purposely looking for something, you can distinguish millions of colors and fine shades of contrast such that the thing stands out for you. And when you're not purposely looking, what is considered by one's brain as unimportant goes unregistered in consciousness. Things that don't move and blend in the background especially 'go away.'

So, to answer your question... when you're looking for it or at it... it's obvious and no amount of color matching will hide it. Otherwise... what building?
I agree it blends in the background really to a untrained eye.

Movielover

I know this will absolutely enrage everyone here,but considering the massive success of the Guardians Tower on the West Coast,and the problems with GotG vol. 3 not filming anytime soon,I would honestly rather see them clone the West Coast Tower Ride at the Studios and retheme this EPCOT coaster to something else.

First off... *Barf!

Sencond, they can't clone Guardians Tower here on the east coast becasue the basic structure of the 2 rides are very diffrent. A massive rework of the guardians story and flow would have to be changed to fit Orlando's tower.

ToTBellHop

Decent number of issues with manufacturing and timing of track elements. I can't get into much more detail, but Intamin was smart enough to refuse the final payment for the coaster and instead worked directly with Universal to attempt to fix the issues.
Ah, so it’s Intamin’s fault that the ride story contradicts the books and films. I knew it.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Ah, so it’s Intamin’s fault that the ride story contradicts the books and films. I knew it.
Number 1 issue I have with the ride and why I don't care for riding it that much when I'm there. Actual ride and tech is cool and fun, but the story.... so bad bad bad. I find myself looking around when we're at different scenes and seeing how the track is moving you, other than watching the screenz. Can't believe JK Rowling approved the butchering of her story. But then again, she did make The Cursed Child which completely turns everything around for. no. reason. sooo uhhh idk.

Movielover

But then again, she did make The Cursed Child which completely turns everything around for. no. reason. sooo uhhh idk.

Yeah it's very clear after reading that story that they just slapped her name on that script.
As for Gringotts, I'm happy they tried to weave a story through it compared to Forbidden Journey, which just feels like a series of creature encounters (still a fantastic ride). But it does raise questions for us that are invested in the story.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Yeah it's very clear after reading that story that they just slapped her name on that script.
As for Gringotts, I'm happy they tried to weave a story through it compared to Forbidden Journey, which just feels like a series of creature encounters (still a fantastic ride). But it does raise questions for us that are invested in the story.
I don't mind FJ at all and actually am proud to say it's one of my favorite rides of all time. To me it's just a big "greatest hits" of Harry Potter. I always enjoy the hell out of it when I go on.

Where as Gringotts they just took the real story and butchered it and forced Voldemort in for no reason just because he was missing in Diagon Alley.

rle4lunch

Number 1 issue I have with the ride and why I don't care for riding it that much when I'm there. Actual ride and tech is cool and fun, but the story.... so bad bad bad. I find myself looking around when we're at different scenes and seeing how the track is moving you, other than watching the screenz. Can't believe JK Rowling approved the butchering of her story. But then again, she did make The Cursed Child which completely turns everything around for. no. reason. sooo uhhh idk.
there's a reason.... 💲💲💲

ToTBellHop

My major issue is that we are to believe THAT is how it would have gone down if muggles happened to be in Gringotts along with the three protagonists when they broke into Bellatrix’s vault and Bellatrix and Rick Scott showed up? Utterly ridiculous. Bare minimum, we, Ron, and Hermione would be dead.

Movielover

Where as Gringotts they just took the real story and butchered it and forced Voldemort in for no reason just because he was missing in Diagon Alley.

100% this. I love everything that Univerrsal has done with Harry Potter and it kills me to have to nitpick that, but I never let it get in my way of enjoying the expirence on my very few trips to the theme park paradise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom