News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Lensman

Mirrors would have given the building a modern tech look and brought it out more in competition with Spaceship Earth.
We would have had a giant mirrored cube competing for attention with a giant white sphere.
Much as I've got reservations about how they went about doing this, I think it is best that they decided to try to draw attention away from this monstrosity.
Well, the idea is that the mirrors are supposed to make the building invisible. Here's the idea:
los-terrenos-tatiana-bilbao-mexico-residential_dezeen_2364_hero.jpg

Now I can't vouch for whether this would work or if it would inadvertently create a solar death ray, but the concept is to make the building invisible. :)

Mike S

Mirrors would have given the building a modern tech look and brought it out more in competition with Spaceship Earth.
We would have had a giant mirrored cube competing for attention with a giant white sphere.
Much as I've got reservations about how they went about doing this, I think it is best that they decided to try to draw attention away from this monstrosity.
Nah. I like the death ray explanation better.

Incomudro

Well, the idea is that the mirrors are supposed to make the building invisible. Here's the idea:
View attachment 341326

Now I can't vouch for whether this would work or if it would inadvertently create a solar death ray, but the concept is to make the building invisible. :)

Yes, but this is at ground level - where the surrounding trees are taller than the structure.
There are mirrored tall buildings in every major city and they do not disappear.

Missing20K

View attachment 341326

Nah. I like the death ray explanation better.
It's happened before.
Walkie Talkie City skyscraper renamed Walkie Scorchie after beam of light melts Jaguar car parked beneath it

And it's by one of the most famous architects alive. It's a legitimate design concern.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom