News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

nbdysreal

Other than it being the beast of a warehouse that it is, it slightly blends in.
20190112_115530.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A bit late now but are the panel colors too light? Having not seen it in person It's hard to judge but in looking at the vast amount of picture updates posted on the forum I'm thinking the color match isn't as accurate as we'd hoped. Looks like it needs to be about a shade or two darker to blend in better not to mention they usually go slightly darker with their paints to compensate for sun-bleaching. Perhaps that doesn't apply to these panels though. Still, it looks like the panels should be slightly more saturated and a shade darker.
(It's official. I'll critique anything)

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yes. As with everything now, with projections. :)
That’s actually not a bad idea, put a camera on the back and project the sky on the front in real-time conditions. It may not work well at night or during sunrise/sunset (because of the layers of light colors appearing differently at different vantage points), but I would guess that would dramatically improve its camouflage during most daytime conditions!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A bit late now but are the panel colors too light? Having not seen it in person It's hard to judge but in looking at the vast amount of picture updates posted on the forum I'm thinking the color match isn't as accurate as we'd hoped. Looks like it needs to be about a shade or two darker to blend in better not to mention they usually go slightly darker with their paints to compensate for sun-bleaching. Perhaps that doesn't apply to these panels though. Still, it looks like the panels should be slightly more saturated and a shade darker.
(It's official. I'll critique anything)

It might just depend on the time of day.......anyway can anyone tell if this is the same shade they use on the Soarin' building?

Kman101

This is no surprise, as this is the approach Disney takes with just about every building that guests don't enter/exit from the outside. The UoE building will be the "face" of the GotG ride. They decided to keep the exterior of the building intact because they like the way it looks and believe it fits the vibe of this ride. Most guests will just assume that the building they walk into is the one that houses the ride. The gravity building exists only for logistical reasons. From Disney's perspective, in an ideal world, guests would not know the gravity building even exists, hence the "go-away" color scheme. This is the same approach taken for rides like Soarin and RnRC, among others.

Trust me. Most guests know it's the "Guardians building". Those who think Potter is in Magic Kingdom, though, probably won't ;) It's very obvious. It's actually not the same as RnRc or even Soarin'. Despite seeing Soarin', both were still put in better locations to be more hidden. GoTG stands out like a massive sore thumb. From *in* the park? I don't know.

At least when you're venturing upon Rat, it's better hidden in the park, IMO. At least right in front of it next to the pavilion.

trainplane3

Oh, perfect... leaving the track outside in the elements for who-knows-how-long for it to start internal rusting and corroding and falling apart before they even get it installed...
You do realize track sits outside the factory it's made for days, weeks, or months at a time right? The B&M factory in Ohio usually has a mess of finished track pieces waiting to be delivered.

Or was this a joke I missed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom