News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

LittleBuford

What's impressive to me about the latest pictures is that the blue panels seem to shift in hue with the sky. I'm not sure what's causing the effect, and no doubt it'll have its limitations (when it's overcast or the sun is setting, for example), but in all the pictures so far, the parts of the building that are clad really do appear to fade into the background.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's impressive to me about the latest pictures is that the blue panels seem to shift in hue with the sky. I'm not sure what's causing the effect, and no doubt it'll have its limitations (when it's overcast or the sun is setting, for example), but in all the pictures so far, the parts of the building that are clad really do appear to fade into the background.

It'll have to be judged in person. Compressed jpgs aren't the best source for accurate color. So, I'll let you know in a few days... :cool:

Rider

Another view in different light. The finished walls do seem to vanish fairly well into the sky.
C550015C-E015-47FE-B4F2-AC6FCA9BEF8B.jpeg

mergatroid

It'll have to be judged in person. Compressed jpgs aren't the best source for accurate color. So, I'll let you know in a few days... :cool:

They do look extremely good in those pictures don't they? If they are that effective in 'real life' it will be interesting to see what those insisting it will be terrible will do, a tiny minority could possibly feel upset that it actually blends in so well.

As you say though, seeing it for real will be the true test.

doctornick

Well, after all that fuss from people on here but it seems to be blending In well

To be honest, for all the fuss it gets on here, I think the Soarin' building is very well camouflaged unless you specifically are looking for it. Some people certainly are more sensitive to seeing it, but it blends well for the vast majority.

I expect much of the same for Guardians really. from close by, trees will block it. And from far away, it will be modestly well camouflaged. The bigger issue with it is that it will be very noticeably from the parking lot. Whether that's a "problem" depends on one's views of where "show" begins. Personally, I'm not bothered by that stuff, like seeing Pandora or Everest from the backside, but we all have different thresholds.

Movielover

It really is a interesting case of negative space. At least to me the color is tricking my eyes to instead focus on other objects in the frame. Hopfully the effect will fully be achieved when completed. The mind knows theres a building there but the eyes are shifting focus elsewhere.

DreamfinderGuy

So, I did Gringotts yesterday. I can say with confidence that I was disappointed with the ride itself, but I do see what you all mean about the controlled spinning. That seems like an effect that could be cool if done right. Guardians should be fun, at least I hope so. It better be for what we lost for it

bclane

It is definitely blending in with the sky better than I was expecting. I assume if it would have been even better with a very subtle blending of a few different shades of blue and maybe some white and gray to match the distant clouds. Obviously that option would have been harder (and more expensive) to maintain over time which is probably why they went with the simple layers of color they came up with. Regardless, I’m really impressed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It really is a interesting case of negative space. At least to me the color is tricking my eyes to instead focus on other objects in the frame. Hopfully the effect will fully be achieved when completed. The mind knows theres a building there but the eyes are shifting focus elsewhere.

So maybe the go-away effect only works if there's something nearby to draw the eye? This is a case for leaving it half-finished!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom