News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

OG Runner

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That really is very cool. It definitely shows you how little I know about roller coaster construction. The first thing that ran through
my mind when I saw the picture was, why start there? Still very cool to see.

Probably started there because there is additional construction that has to happen to close that section in once the track is installed.

rle4lunch

I'm spitballing here, and it's probably already been discussed elsewhere, but I'm guessing that the roof/walls were constructed first due to all the integrated electronics/technologies built into the track/ride that needed shielding from the weather. This ain't space mountain after all.

DreamfinderGuy

Blog Mickey has some more (and easier to see) photos of the first pieces fo track:

http://blogmickey.com/2018/11/first...rdians-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-at-epcot/
3792D51B-31E0-4BC4-B465-54D833AE3311.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm spitballing here, and it's probably already been discussed elsewhere, but I'm guessing that the roof/walls were constructed first due to all the integrated electronics/technologies built into the track/ride that needed shielding from the weather. This ain't space mountain after all.

Anything that sensitive would be installed after the track had been installed.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

You can't even do the rough electric work (running conduit, putting up boxes, etc) until the building is weather tight, because all the inside electrical materials don't carry a weather rating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom