News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hardeehar, folks, the jokes on you, WDW just release the artist concept for the gravity building and it indeed has some theming, at least for the side that faces the park...
1543266360672.png

RSoxNo1

The gravity building as of today. Panels are going higher and higher.
sKjWUTi.jpg

Still digging up stuff inside the pavilion. They do have materials waiting to be installed inside now, though.
fOgXc4o.jpg

The transition tunnel has a bit of extra metal. Notably, a ramp on the left side that's going upwards into the gravity building. Also I'm still not sure, but I think that's a piece of track on the right. It looks like one at least, with the spaced out gaps and two smaller metal bits just off of the main one.
cs0D41n.jpg

By the old exits, a big ol' beam has gone up. May be related to the supposed column that got damaged, or just part of the new queue stuff.
m7qTJYb.jpg

Out front they have some ducting waiting to be installed behind the tarp.
zcclHM0.jpg

Likewise, ducting has gone up in the gravity building itself.
RNpBXyn.jpg

And a whoooole bunch of piping layout out in the front of the pavilion.
h51dFde.jpg

And this is an old pic, but I'm fairly certain this central spine sorta thing has been demolished. You can see through to the other side now. As far as I know this should be the only column that isn't up against the exterior walls. Was this the one that got hit or something?
I9XF3bu.jpg

Even with some spaceship thing in front of it, this'll still be a nice view when it's done.
3k4IcHx.jpg
I'll be honest, the first picture does kind of blend in to the sky...

matt9112

Gringotts tries to mesh two different rides and ends up making both styles mediocre. The coaster bits aren't long enough to excite you and the show scenes are broken up by shaking and the before mentioned disjointed coaster portions.

we can agree to disagree i think it is perfect next gen dark ride. the sma coaster bits take the place of slow boring transitions in a classic like say snow whites scary adventures.

OG Runner

we can agree to disagree i think it is perfect next gen dark ride. the sma coaster bits take the place of slow boring transitions in a classic like say snow whites scary adventures.

Okay, I liked Gringotts a lot. It is obviously head and shoulders above and old dark ride like Snow White's Scary Adventure.
The fact, however, is that Snow White did not have any slow boring transitions. The ride was continuous motion and you
drove through scenes. (literally) The was no slow transition. Now stop saying silly things that make me need to defend
a ride that is dead and buried. (in WDW)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom