News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have to imagine the colored walls seals the deal that there will not be other dressing built around those other elevations. I makes no sense to put 'diffuser' effects on walls that would ultimately be BEHIND other dressing that is supposed to be something explicit.

Besides Everest... this has to be the biggest, in your face, show building I can think of. Most other instances are behind something, not really standing out as much because of other things to draw your eyes too... or simply 'off the beaten path'. (like the backside of DCA or DL from the highways). But this... right there on the monorail loop... monster building you can't not see from the parking area, in the park, etc.

I really am dumbfounded that they see a 12 story building as just.. a box to try to hide.. instead of an actual piece of architecture or design.

ugh

JBIRDTO

I have to imagine the colored walls seals the deal that there will not be other dressing built around those other elevations. I makes no sense to put 'diffuser' effects on walls that would ultimately be BEHIND other dressing that is supposed to be something explicit.

Besides Everest... this has to be the biggest, in your face, show building I can think of. Most other instances are behind something, not really standing out as much because of other things to draw your eyes too... or simply 'off the beaten path'. (like the backside of DCA or DL from the highways). But this... right there on the monorail loop... monster building you can't not see from the parking area, in the park, etc.

I really am dumbfounded that they see a 12 story building as just.. a box to try to hide.. instead of an actual piece of architecture or design.

ugh
It is a bit dumbfounding for sure. People will now be intentionally trying to see it (or not see it). I get that from the front of Energy it may not be too visible however everywhere else it will be tough not to notice. I can just hear the debates and conversations as to whether they should just try to minimize or go full on theme.

I have not heard any insiders lately confirm this is it. Perhaps we may be surprised with some sort of creative treatment but to your point highly unlikely due to the expense of adding colour panels.

Incomudro

It is a bit dumbfounding for sure. People will now be intentionally trying to see it (or not see it). I get that from the front of Energy it may not be too visible however everywhere else it will be tough not to notice. I can just hear the debates and conversations as to whether they should just try to minimize or go full on theme.

I have not heard any insiders lately confirm this is it. Perhaps we may be surprised with some sort of creative treatment but to your point highly unlikely due to the expense of adding colour panels.

I wouldn't have imagined they would have gone too creative, because that would have clashed as well.

lazyboy97o

LOL that's what I was thinking, but at the same time feel like it's some special lingo people use on this site? idk lol.
They are the walls for the facility, not some sort of temporary wall. In terms of themed entertainment “facility” also often applies to the [base] building to distinguish it from other specialties like show sets, so “theming” is often applied to facility walls.

They still might do a little something up top, but only facing the park. And if it does come about, they still got a few years before the ride opens.
They don’t really have a few years. Anything added along the top needs something to which it can be attached. It’s been a long day so I may be wrong, but I don’t recall seeing any photos with anything extra along the top outside of the parapet framing, and even that is not usually enough to attach something significant.

sedati

It would have to attach to something.
Certainly, but it seems like weight would be much less of an issue, so a major structure may not be required. With what they can do with tension fabrics, it may be something that can be run from roof to ground. (All the loosest of speculation of course, this is not my expertise.)

lazyboy97o

Certainly, but it seems like weight would be much less of an issue, so a major structure may not be required. With what they can do with tension fabrics, it may be something that can be run from roof to ground. (All the loosest of speculation of course, this is not my expertise.)
Even if that sort of span made sense, there would still be some sort of structure. You’re not likely to bolt such a structure to insulated metal panels.

RSoxNo1

Call me old school but Marvel makes me gag a little. I'm not saying my opinion is right or wrong but I always thought of Marvel attractions as Six Flags amatur hour type attractions and at least when I was a kid there was a clear distinction of what was Classic Disney and what Marvel was, a rollercoaster with a mention of the Marvel movie. Its a shame that Disney and Marvel are now married.
Have you been on Spider-Man?

RSoxNo1

On AliciaStella's youtube channel they were discussing the possibility that maybe on the GOTG ride we'll be back in the 80's and going though some of the ride scenes from Horizons, World of Motion, etc. before going on the rest of the coaster. I seriously doubt it, but fans heads would explode if that happened.

Something else I found out recently....the person who was making the Horizons: Resurrected CGI remake a few years ago, Chris Wallace, is followed by THE Kevin Feige on twitter. Kevin Feige is only following ~700 people and has over 300,000 followers, and he follows some other Epcot historical twitter accounts.
This has been discussed on here. Prior to the D23 announcement, myself and others came up with the "Peter Quill went to Epcot" backstory. There's a story treatment here that can be very self referential and truly be a love letter to classic EPCOT. Pandora's story treatment gives me hope, but this is more likely going to be a loose connection at best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom