News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Princess Leia

Yes there was. The ride system proposed was deemed not viable. It’s on the back burner as far as I know since they have so much else going on.
Shoot, that looked neat too.

I hope Superhero Island gets some love. I don’t mind the comic book look, but a lot of things look like they need a new coat of paint. Spider-Man queue is kind of grimy looking (and the video desperately needs to be converted to HD), and Doom could use a replacement of some sort.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Shoot, that looked neat too.

I hope Superhero Island gets some love. I don’t mind the comic book look, but a lot of things look like they need a new coat of paint. Spider-Man queue is kind of grimy looking (and the video desperately needs to be converted to HD), and Doom could use a replacement of some sort.

They need to at least tone down the BGM. It's FAR too loud over in that part of the park.

Has anyone heard if solar panels are coming back or is Disney not replacing them?

OSX

Are the marvel attractions just limited to IOA? Like, can Universal build a marvel attraction next door or can they place one in the new gate they're working on? Asking for a friend.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are the marvel attractions just limited to IOA? Like, can Universal build a marvel attraction next door or can they place one in the new gate they're working on? Asking for a friend.

Contract limits them to Superhero Island in IoA because they did not expand the use of the IP to other parks when they had the chance (with the exception of Spider-Man in Japan). Of course, nothing is stopping Uni from making Superhero Island bigger...

Princess Leia

So what exactly is DCA getting? They already have the Guardians coaster, so then what else? Is the Captain America bike coaster still happening? I’m sure they still want something kid-friendly with Spider-Man too.

Hong Kong will have the Iron Man simulator and the Ant-Man and the Wasp ride by the end of next year, giving them the most complete Marvel area that’s not in IOA, right? I just feel like everything Marvel related (especially stateside) is taking a weirdly long amount of time to put together.

trainplane3

So what exactly is DCA getting? They already have the Guardians coaster, so then what else? Is the Captain America bike coaster still happening? I’m sure they still want something kid-friendly with Spider-Man too.

Hong Kong will have the Iron Man simulator and the Ant-Man and the Wasp ride by the end of next year, giving them the most complete Marvel area that’s not in IOA, right? I just feel like everything Marvel related (especially stateside) is taking a weirdly long amount of time to put together.
I thought the Spiderman shooter thing was actually happening based off of comments in that thread. I know they said the coaster was canned due to poor capacity.

sedati

Riiiiggghhhttttt...

Does Universal match the Epcot Building code that you have touted here for years? I honestly didn't think they did.

In 2007 you wrote:
"Every structure at WDW is built to the EPCOT building code - designed to stand upto a cat 5 hurricane or anything but a direct F5 hit from a tornado. Even then the buildings are designed to stay upright, though obviously taking major damage.

Ever wonder why Horizons took so long to trash? It was a storm shelter."

lazyboy97o

Does Universal match the Epcot Building code that you have touted here for years? I honestly didn't think they did.

In 2007 you wrote:
"Every structure at WDW is built to the EPCOT building code - designed to stand upto a cat 5 hurricane or anything but a direct F5 hit from a tornado. Even then the buildings are designed to stay upright, though obviously taking major damage.

The EPCOT Building Code is not that restrictive. It’s is not significantly more restrictive than the Florida Building Code for the same area.

bcoachable

Call me old school but Marvel makes me gag a little. I'm not saying my opinion is right or wrong but I always thought of Marvel attractions as Six Flags amatur hour type attractions and at least when I was a kid there was a clear distinction of what was Classic Disney and what Marvel was, a rollercoaster with a mention of the Marvel movie. Its a shame that Disney and Marvel are now married.

I see them, dis v uni, as two ships in the night passing right by each other at the moment... and time will tell if this is true or not as we slowly are allowed to see what the plans are for the other side of Interstate 4.
(Probs a bit of an exaggeration, I know, but still)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

In 2007 you wrote:

I did.

The 1990 Kong show building is still standing. One of the largest structures of its type. For example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom