News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

montyz81

And for some reason it’s going to take them another 3 years to build...
For some reason, I feel like there is going to be something surprising for us all related to UoE. 3 years is a long time to do something that should be done by next summer at the rate they are going. I just can't believe that Epcot was built and 3 years and this ride is taking the same amount of time... generally speaking.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
For some reason, I feel like there is going to be something surprising for us all related to UoE. 3 years is a long time to do something that should be done by next summer at the rate they are going. I just can't believe that Epcot was built and 3 years and this ride is taking the same amount of time... generally speaking.

Can’t steal thunder from SWGE. Besides Disney excels at slow walking everything except price increases and cuts.

montyz81

Can’t steal thunder from SWGE. Besides Disney excels at slow walking everything except price increases and cuts.
Fair enough. I agree with you, but at the pace they are moving, they will be done by next summer and the thing will sit idle for a year or two. Just seems odd.

OSX

Unlike Universal, where they build entire lands in a year, I believe theres a lot more red tape with Disney. But then again, on the subject of universal building things quickly, it is easy to build a movie theater..

Mike S

Unlike Universal, where they build entire lands in a year, I believe theres a lot more red tape with Disney. But then again, on the subject of universal building things quickly, it is easy to build a movie theater..
They’re fast, but not that fast.

They built a ride in under a year. A clone no less. A good land is done between 2-2 1/2 years give or take.

JediMasterMatt

For what l heard its going to be the most ambitious ride system ever created

It's not even the most ambitious ride system ever created on the particular plot of land it's on and building it gutted.

A Vekoma launched coaster on a microwave oven's rotisserie turntable doesn't begin to hold a candle to true innovation like the ride it replaced unfortunately.

montyz81

It's not even the most ambitious ride system ever created on the particular plot of land it's on and building it gutted.

A Vekoma launched coaster on a microwave oven's rotisserie turntable doesn't begin to hold a candle to true innovation like the ride it replaced, unfortunately.
As the following quote rings in my head: “Around here, however, we don't look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Some would argue that this ride is moving forward, I would disagree. The updates to this park seem like they will be dated much quicker then original Epcot Center rides became dated.

trainplane3

As the following quote rings in my head: “Around here, however, we don't look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Some would argue that this ride is moving forward, I would disagree. The updates to this park seem like they will be dated much quicker then original Epcot Center rides became dated.
When some of the oldest attractions in the park are pulling longer lines then newer ones, you know your priorities might be skewed a bit. Remember when M:S opened, was the only one of its kind, and delivered a experience that was pretty unique? Ya, a ride based around driving a car is beating it (not throwing shade at TT!). Then again, the last true new ride in Epcot was Soarin' so...ya.
Screenshot_20181101-131820.png

(Land and SSE pulling solid lines on a "slow day". TT is the typical hour+. Meanwhile M:S is 15. FEA is 35.)

Last edited:

Maeryk

When some of the oldest attractions in the park are pulling longer lines then newer ones, you know your priorities might be skewed a bit. Remember when M:S opened, was the only one of its kind, and delivered a experience that was pretty unique? Ya, a ride based around driving a car is beating it (not throwing shade at TT!). Then again, the last true new ride in Epcot was Soarin' so...ya.
View attachment 323600
(Land and SSE pulling solid lines on a "slow day". TT is the typical hour+. Meanwhile M:S is 15.)

A lot of us don't do spinny rides. And the coasters (which TT basically is) always have longer lines.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 323600
(Land and SSE pulling solid lines on a "slow day". TT is the typical hour+. Meanwhile M:S is 15. FEA is 35.)

"Oldest ride... longest line!" - Ric Flair. WOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!! :hilarious:

trainplane3

I'm not sure the day after Halloween is the best way to judge. Lots of anomalies due to late arrivals I would think.
I do agree to a point. When I was down there lines had a similar ratio going on (TT was 90, FEA was an hour, SSE was an hour, Soarin' was 45, etc.)
But you do make a good point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom