News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

geekza

True but this is a bit more involved then Verbolten. This has switches before the drop track along with a reverse launch vs Verboltens single drop. There's a lot of moving parts for a coaster: 2 switches, drop track, launches, reverse section.

It's exactly as it sounds. It's a section of track that drops straight down.
Go to 1:45 and look at the black and white monitor:

I sure did love The Big Bad Wolf, Verbolten's predecessor. It was one of the first coasters I ever rode way back in 1987. Nothing like that last hill heading down to the lake. "Traveling at the speed of fright," indeed. :)

Monorail_Red_77

I can't get my head around the thing that it's a family coaster without loops and no (big) drops, and it still needs such a HUGE and high building? Why make it soo enormous when the stuff happening inside it can be achieved with a much smaller size?
It's because they are adding a CM break area with basketball court and separate floor for a racquetball court. Problem is though, they are fighting which one gets the top floor. LOL:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

rle4lunch

It's because they are adding a CM break area with basketball court and separate floor for a racquetball court. Problem is though, they are fighting which one gets the top floor. LOL:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Or maybe Ant-man makes an appearance and they need the building space for him to grow real big and act like he's throwing the train cars around?

i know, no ant-man.

montyz81

Just curious. What are they doing with the corporate lounge in UoE or are they taking that space for the queue too? I still can't get my mind wrapped around the use of the UoE as a queue building only.

geekza

Just curious. What are they doing with the corporate lounge in UoE or are they taking that space for the queue too? I still can't get my mind wrapped around the use of the UoE as a queue building only.
It's so Disney can promote it as the largest middle finger to Epcot fans in the world! You can see it from space! ;)

geekza

Can someone kindly explain to me what a "helixe" is?
A helix on a coaster looks sort of like a corkscrew. Some of them are vertical (loops) and some are horizontal. As far as we know, there are no loops in the GotG coaster, but there are several horizontal ones. The effect of them is that they increase the g-forces on the rider.

Bairstow

I can't get my head around the thing that it's a family coaster without loops and no (big) drops, and it still needs such a HUGE and high building? Why make it soo enormous when the stuff happening inside it can be achieved with a much smaller size?

My best guess is that if Martin's report about multiple helices is correct, and they're indeed going to be put show scenes in the middle of them, multiple levels of track would be needed to fit everything in and allow for multiple blocks and brakes- essential if Disney needs to run multiple trains at once due to lowered capacity of the Vekoma spinning cars.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My best guess is that if Martin's report about multiple helices is correct, and they're indeed going to be put show scenes in the middle of them, multiple levels of track would be needed to fit everything in and allow for multiple blocks and brakes- essential if Disney needs to run multiple trains at once due to lowered capacity of the Vekoma spinning cars.
The layout suggests the best way to fit enough track into the building and not make it an endless collection of turns to the left. Or right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As far as I know the lounge area will remain. The back end of the launch hall will butt up against it.

Not that it was corporate for a long time.

DreamfinderGuy

As far as I know the lounge area will remain. The back end of the launch hall will butt up against it.

Not that it was corporate for a long time.
Wait, the lounge is staying? I thought that the reception area was blown out, there was very evident work in that area of the building a few weeks ago

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom