News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rle4lunch

Star Tours?

You could even say PotC. Snow Whites Adventures. GMR.

I can see it on 3/4 of your list. I usually tune out when I'm on GMR though, so I guess you're talking about the little 'skit' they pull off on you? (never a big fan of GMR, always felt a little cheesy to me).

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
you missed "something goes horribly wrong"
That’s the MO of a lot of themed attractions no matter where they are.
Indeed. I prefer when Theme Park folks stay away from that. Flight of Passage seems like it plays with our expectations of "something will go wrong" a couple of times, but it never happens. I was pleasantly surprised.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I heard that the new HP coaster in Islands of Adventure will be epic and groundbreaking. Can any of the new coasters disney is building compete with that?
Disney parks blog on GotG coaster says "longest enclosed" and "guaranteed to wow", which sounds like "epic", and it says "innovative ride system", which sounds like groundbreaking. So there ya go. You've now heard things about one of Disney's coasters that compete with the things you've heard about the HP coaster. :)

Bairstow

They tied Flight of Passage pretty well into the themes of Animal Kingdom. Turned it into an educational attraction about keystone species, their place and impact on the local wildlife, and the reason/methods of studying them safely.

Did they though?
In trying to summarize the "educational" moment of the Flight of Passage preshow you basically just paraphrased it in its entirety.

JEANYLASER

I hope Guardians of Galaxy roller coaster be awesome in Epcot. But Epcot needs to be loved, needed, and wanted and for all the new attractions, and new World Showcase like Brazil and more shops and Dining. And More Experiences in Epcot and That's Why Epcot Needs to Be Loved, needed and wanted. That's why Walt Disney Dreamed about Epcot.

Bairstow

I hope Guardians of Galaxy roller coaster be awesome in Epcot. But Epcot needs to be loved, needed, and wanted and for all the new attractions, and new World Showcase like Brazil and more shops and Dining. And More Experiences in Epcot and That's Why Epcot Needs to Be Loved, needed and wanted. That's why Walt Disney Dreamed about Epcot.

Actually what Walt Disney dreamed about EPCOT was that it would be an industrial city where his company, not the government, writes the laws and collects the taxes.

Kman101

Since Mission: SPACE arguably failed the "solution" to Epcot has been bandaids. Arguably, the only one that fit the park is Soarin' and they probably put that in the wrong Pavilion (I would have had the queue originate in World Showcase).

I can see why they thought Soarin' over California fit The Land. But I think Soarin' should have had it's own pavilion, a dedicated Aviation pavilion. World Showcase is also where I'd place it.

Cesar R M

Well, to be fair, both Jurassic Park and Titanic used a LOT of practical effects (probably more than most people realize... especially for Jurassic Park). Though I certainly won't argue that they used a perfect blend of CGI and Practical effects (which is always the best way to go when possible).
But they special effects, both practical and CGI looked GOOD.

Many directors overuse CGI and make it a crapshow.

The Practical suits, robots, etc.. still look very good to this day (Jurassic Park)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom