News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

I think “regulated” might be a better way to described Time Traveler than “controlled,” which is how it is being promoted. I don’t think Mack’s system is programmed so that they decide exactly when and how you spin. Instead they don’t let you flail about wildly. Mack and Herschend talk about a magnetic break, but no motive power.
Macks setup is basically locked or unlocked. Obviously it isn't spinning like crazy throughout the ride (probably some sort of limiter or a system that needs a lot of force to spin), but it's not motorized like you said. And if it was motorized, the cars would be synced up to spin the same amount at certain moments.

Also, Time Traveler seems like a blast.

lazyboy97o

Macks setup is basically locked or unlocked. Obviously it isn't spinning like crazy throughout the ride, but it's not motorized like you said. And if it was motorized, the cars would be synced up to spin the same amount at certain moments.
Time Travel’s unlock is not the same as prior models with a completely free spin. Instead it is limited by the brake even when spinning.

trainplane3

Time Travel’s unlock is not the same as prior models with a completely free spin. Instead it is limited by the brake even when spinning.
I actually edited my post to say that but I was too late.
Makes sense though. Imagine TT with a spinning wild mouse train. That would be nauseating.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
Current work of the back I took today from the monorail.
23FBBDB8-BA63-4BA9-8CD4-113D936915D4.jpeg
D5F8F9AE-D9E6-4E9E-A0D8-FA9B493A754E.jpeg

Last edited:

2351metalcloud

“Two pavilions, one fully dysfunctional park”
I noticed something in the GotG2 movie that seems relevant to this ride and some people's perception of some ideas discussed about it. In the movie the group called the Sovereign no longer reproduce through the coupling of two people, instead they use birthing pods. They hire the Guardians to attack something for them at the beginning of the movie. It seems like they maybe look down Peter Quill for being a hybrid of some sort unlike them. One of the members of the Guardians takes some batteries from them. A place shown in the movie where some of the Sovereign live is a big golden sphere that seems reminiscent of Spaceship Earth at Epcot. Much of the rest of the area near where the Guardians fight a octopus-like alien is a very fancy and technologically advanced looking city. It makes me wonder who decided to have the Sovereign have that big gold sphere on their planet and what the reasoning for having it there was.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I noticed something in the GotG2 movie that seems relevant to this ride and some people's perception of some ideas discussed about it. In the movie the group called the Sovereign no longer reproduce through the coupling of two people, instead they use birthing pods. They hire the Guardians to attack something for them at the beginning of the movie. It seems like they maybe look down Peter Quill for being a hybrid of some sort unlike them. One of the members of the Guardians takes some batteries from them. A place shown in the movie where some of the Sovereign live is a big golden sphere that seems reminiscent of Spaceship Earth at Epcot. Much of the rest of the area near where the Guardians fight a octopus-like alien is a very fancy and technologically advanced looking city. It makes me wonder who decided to have the Sovereign have that big gold sphere on their planet and what the reasoning for having it there was.
When Disney decided not to build Westcot, some aliens stole the plans for Spacestation Earth and built it on this planet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom