News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

roj2323

There's more that's proposed demolition-wise than just Innoventions. I can't say more for now but that's what I mean about irreparable damage.

And that's without the whole IP / theme / story / dumb down argument.

Cue the replacement of the Seas Pavilion or an EPIC remodel of the facility in addition to the demolishing of the Fountain and at least a good portion of the Inventions buildings. Actually I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if the entire facade of the Land pavilion was replaced with something that puts the entry/exit point on the first floor instead of the second. The imagination pavilion is also due to be reimagined and I don't have high hopes for its survival either.

celluloid

Pirates 4 and 5 dropped because they were absolutely horrible films. As long as the films continue to feel fresh and fun they will last.

But of course that goes against the personal agenda of some on here so...

...the quality of a film and its financial success are not mutually exclusive though right? I am not a fan of 2-5 myself, but calling someone out on "personal agenda" and ending with "so..." is just a fancy way of saying you do nor care for their opinion and comes off as rude.

Movielover

is just a fancy way of saying you do nor care for their opinion

I respect that everyone has a right to their own opinion, however I don't have to agree to your opinion... That's why it's called an opinion.

As for the part about being rude...

m4mqq.jpg

britain

Sunset Blvd. One of the reasons Tower didn't get butchered also.

Plus Energy needed a lot of money spending on it if it were to continue in the same vein (same for GMR)

Sorry, do you mean logistically Sunset Blvd wouldn't work? Or theme-wise? (Because we all know that doesn't really stop them!)

lazyboy97o

Then why not wait on announcing anything? I guess that is my personal issue with the whole thing...
Disney has a long history of announcing projects early, some too early. Slide 6 of this presentation shows the phases of the design process. Projects are approved after Feasability and still have a lot of work to follow. Even with clones like Ratatouille or TRON Light Cycle Power Run where the design intent is very set, there is still months of design work to be done.

Disney also often utilizes a fast-track construction process. The traditional method of construction is that everything is designed and those documents are then given to a contractor who does the construction. Fast-track involves construction starting before the entire design is complete. You can see this in this project with the water management permits. So long as you don’t exceed the impermeable area, what is actually inside the building doesn’t impact stormwater management and even the exact footprint is not required for the permit.

Princess Leia

I'll be in Orlando at the end of November, and thanks to the extra 2 1/2 hours of EMH that night, my friends and I will be spending a lot of time at Epcot, compared to the other parks (in terms of hours at each park, Epcot will win with 14 1/2 hours). We were all hoping to ride Energy before it closed since none of us had ever gone on it. However, we missed that chance, and I don't plan on missing anything else now. If it's possible, I'm dragging my group to every attraction we can ride or watch. I'll sit through Figment, just in case it's the last time I get to be on a ride with him.

I'm not taking this trip for granted anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom