• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy attraction confirmed for Epcot

FettFan

Guys. I've decided to build my own version of Epcot Center that will be true to the original's mission statement about celebrating human culture, community, and technology. I'm even going to have a Switzerland Pavilion with an alpine mountain coaster that is in no way infringing upon Disney's Matterhorn Bobsleds(tm) .

I just need 300 acres and about $2.5 Billion USD.

Anyone want to chip in? Every little bit helps.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Guys. I've decided to build my own version of Epcot Center that will be true to the original's mission statement about celebrating human culture, community, and technology. I'm even going to have a Switzerland Pavilion with an alpine mountain coaster that is in no way infringing upon Disney's Matterhorn Bobsleds(tm) .

I ju
st need 300 acres and about $2.5 Billion USD.

Anyone want to chip in? Every little bit helps.
You really think I am going to give you $2.5 billion of my hard earned money so you can build the perfect Epcot, only to replace all the attractions with ill-fitting IP's a couple years later?! :mad:

FettFan

You really think I am going to give you $2.5 billion of my hard earned money so you can build the perfect Epcot, only to replace all the attractions with ill-fitting IP's a couple years later?! :mad:
That's the good news; by the time I open my Perfect Epcot, Disney will own literally ALL of the IP, so they will be effectively off the table.

But.... i might be able to finagle an Asterix and Obelix character meet in my France Pavilion. :D

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
It looks like it is about where the final screen room was, based ont he angle the picture was taken. Does anyone have any sense of what the inside of Energy will look like?
Yes.

Duel load / unload will be where Theatre one and diorama two mostly were. Attraction will be where diorama one was. Queue and preshows will straddle diorama two and the backstage / theatre two / exit area was.

Last edited:

tparris

Yes. Duel load / unload will be where Theatre one and diorama two mostly were. Attraction will be where diorama one was. Queue and preshows will straddle diorama two and the backstage / theatre two / exit area was.
When you say attraction, are you referring to the small part of the ride that will take place in Energy before launching into the gravity building? Also, when I saw inside the building in person a couple months back, there was some infrastructure that looked like it was for a second floor being built along the back wall and diorama one walls.

tparris

I'll be back in the park tonight but no EMH so I may not be able to get over to there if they're forcing everyone out. I'll try to focus on that area if possible.
If you do manage to stop by there tonight, could you also see if you can spot the connection to the launch tunnel? Thanks!

Top Bottom