News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

No Name

"One of the longest indoor coasters in the world" was specific marketing term I believe.

And considering RnRC is around the third-longest indoor coaster in the world, that statement just indicates that this will have a minimally-decent length, which is something I assumed from the cost of the ride and size of the showbuilding. I’m not being negative, just pointing out that this statement from Disney essentially means nothing because indoor coasters tend to be criminally short. They also tend to be less than 12 stories tall and cost less than 300 million dollars. So given the circumstances I’m not sure why people get their juices flowing over this. Good job by Disney’s marketing, I suppose.

Stripes

And considering RnRC is around the third-longest indoor coaster in the world, that statement just indicates that this will have a minimally-decent length, which is something I assumed from the cost of the ride and size of the showbuilding. I’m not being negative, just pointing out that this statement from Disney essentially means nothing because indoor coasters tend to be criminally short. They also tend to be less than 12 stories tall and cost less than 300 million dollars. So given the circumstances I’m not sure why people get their juices flowing over this. Good job by Disney’s marketing, I suppose.
The Guardians gravity building is about 3 times the volume of RNRC’s. I’m not expecting the track to be 3 times the length, but there is plenty of room for a much longer coaster.

No Name

The Guardians gravity building is about 3 times the volume of RNRC’s. I’m not expecting the track to be 3 times the length, but there is plenty of room for a much longer coaster.
Not to mention the load/offload area isn't even in that building. I'd be thrilled if the ride was even twice as long as RnRC.

The longest indoor coaster, to my knowledge, is Mindbender at 4,198 feet. RnRC is 3,403 feet. If the Guardians coaster is even 1.25 times the length of RnRC, then they would’ve touted that it’s the longest indoor coaster in the world. Which, quite honestly, I was expecting until they announced that it would only be “one of” the longest indoor coasters.

Stripes

The longest indoor coaster, to my knowledge, is Mindbender at 4,198 feet. RnRC is 3,403 feet. If the Guardians coaster is even 1.25 times the length of RnRC, then they would’ve touted that it’s the longest indoor coaster in the world. Which, quite honestly, I was expecting until they announced that it would only be “one of” the longest indoor coasters.
They may have just said “one of” to play it safe, just in case someone else beat them to the punch. I don’t know.

KikoKea

Just told my DH (who doesn't keep up with Disney like we all do- but I love him anyway, bless his heart) about timelines for Epcot changes and how it seems the whole theme and purpose of the park has been lost, such as the new GotG ride being based on Quill (Quinn??) visiting Epcot as a child. He laughed and thought I was joking.

DreamfinderGuy

Yesterday.
3CFE2318-A7EF-4F49-B122-D806CF59533E.jpeg
AAE73F93-A798-4777-8838-C411A385058C.jpeg
BFFFB958-9923-400C-AF74-FDE5B9B5B2FE.jpeg
28769511-02E4-4F0B-B17F-EF8DAF061711.jpeg
01E5C408-59CE-4557-AE26-CFBFD1BA79FA.jpeg

tparris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom