• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy attraction confirmed for Epcot

railfan99

Advertisement
Notice something missing from this photo?IMG_0634.JPG

Lensman

Premium Member
The first picture has the Swolphin, Spaceship Earth, and GotG Box on the horizon.
Are you sure it's not the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? It's also in that sightline/direction and with a roofline at 320 feet above sea level, its roofline would be higher on the horizon than Spaceship Earth's which is at 270 feet above sea level.

I'm not entirely positive but I'd just like to raise the question. I did some work in Google Earth Pro at an altitude of 50 feet at Cabana Bay and looking to the horizon. Had to use the "create placemark, set altitude, cancel" trick to get the camera altitude correct.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Are you sure it's not the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? It's also in that sightline/direction and with a roofline at 320 feet above sea level, its roofline would be higher on the horizon than Spaceship Earth's which is at 270 feet above sea level.

I'm not entirely positive but I'd just like to raise the question. I did some work in Google Earth Pro at an altitude of 50 feet at Cabana Bay and looking to the horizon. Had to use the "create placemark, set altitude, cancel" trick to get the camera altitude correct.
Could be. But the Dolphin is also taller than SSE, so, one would expect that to show up.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Correct. “Out of this world new coaster with super hero friends!” or perhaps “thrilling coaster from another galaxy!” but that might be pushing it. They can’t use the likeness of any of the Guardians either.
They could use its subtitle name which is rumored to be 'Infinite Universe' and space-y images.

Or, just rely on national media coverage like their website to be very specific, like they do with "Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Tape Live."

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Whats the estimated opening of this? anyone have a guess?

Timeline: Opens Spring 2021 [here], before May [here]

tparris

GotG isn't that bad from inside EPCOT. This picture is from December 2018 and the light blue paint blends nicely into the sky. The only reason you can see the box is due to the unfinished portions at the top.

View attachment 382825
Certain weather conditions and times of day definitely make it look better than at other times. It’s entirely dependent on that

DCLcruiser

Certain weather conditions and times of day definitely make it look better than at other times. It’s entirely dependent on that
Yes, but it's a light blue box over the tree line. It's not like GotGM:B where the tall building's exterior is overly themed. I doubt visitors will casually notice it.

Top Bottom