News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You don’t know it then. I’ll write it out when I have more time.

How about the G-Force backstory?

G-Force is a special team of trained secret agent animals, equipped with advanced tools that allow the mammalian members to talk to humans. The primary field team consists of guinea pigs Darwin, Blaster, and Juarez, star-nosed mole Speckles (cyber intelligence), and housefly Mooch (Reconnaissance). The unit's leader Ben, orders an unauthorized infiltration of the residence of home electronics and appliances magnate, Leonard Saber, the owner of Saberling Industries, who has been under FBI investigation and is working for an unseen mastermind named Mr. Yanshu. The team is able to retrieve sensitive information about a sinister scheme that is set to occur in 48 hours. However, when Ben's superior Kip Killian arrives for his evaluation, his astonishment at the team's capabilities and technology is overcome by his indignation at Ben's unauthorized mission and the fact that the downloaded intelligence appears to be useless information about Saber's coffeemakers. As a result, the government agent orders the unit shut down, the equipment seized and the animals to be used as experimental subjects to be killed. With the help of their human compatriots, Darwin, Juarez, Blaster, Mooch and Speckles escape with hopes of stopping Saber's scheme, but find themselves in a pet carrying case bound for a pet shop.

Rich Brownn

"Peter visited Epcot as a kid" is only the first half of their backstory. Per the Guardians dance party storyline, the second half is that Quill decided to use those childhood memories to pitch Xandar on the idea of introducing Earth to Nova Corps by way of establishing a Xandar Pavilion at Epcot, but in Future World instead of World Showcase.
Too bad Xandar got blown up :D

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Too bad Xandar got blown up :D
Not in the Marvel Theme Park Universe. Of course, they don't seem to do much to distinguish it from the MCU otherwise.

Not blown up in the MCU, either. Nova Corps was destoryed in the battle with Thanos over a power stone, then the population was halved in Thanos' culling. But Xandar and half of its population still exists.

JohnD

The park doesn’t have a clear timing. Hollywood Blvd. was 1930s, Sunset 1940s, Echo Lake 1950s as supported by architecture and, especially, Streetmosphere. RnRC and ToT are explicitly set “today”. So I guess the Streetmosphere is supposed to be random actors pretending to be from those decades? It’s long been a “just go with it” theme but I’m fine with it since I love the placemaking at the front of the park.

You mean Hollywood has architecture from different eras like just about any other city? Who knew?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You mean Hollywood has architecture from different eras like just about any other city? Who knew?

The question is whether you're in your present day surrounded by old-timey architecture or if the old-timey architecture is your visual clue that you have stepped back in time.

For the former, see Disney Springs. The building facades are old-timey, but the story is that your in your present day and these building have been renovated on the inside to be a shopping center.

For the latter, see Main Street. Even though you have the same exact set-up as Disney Springs, namely, old-timey facades, but the inside is obviously modern day stores, the story is that when you're on Main Street, you've moved back in time. When you're in Frontierland, you're in the old frontier.

When you're in Pandora or SWL, you're on another planet in another time.

When you're on the streets of DHS.... what exactly is happening?

In DHS you have a 30's section, a 40's, a 50's. And Sunset Blvd seems to be all over the place. But, the original conceit of DHS is that you're in modern day LA looking in on how movies get made and the old-time facades are not clues you've entered a new time, just relics of the past.

But... is that still the case? The Citizens of Hollywood are all old-timey, not modern actors pretending it's old timey for the sake of filming a show. The Victory Garden isn't an old-timey run down garden from times past, but a currently tended Victory Garden.

You can tell me what was originally intended, and I can point out examples of things that don't fit in with that intention. It's a mish-mash now.

Stripes

What dimensions did you come up with?
Length of 305 ft. Depth of 225 ft. Height of 140 ft. This is just for the cube, not including the connector or the former UOE building.

Giving a volume of approximately 9.6 million cubic feet. For comparison, I estimate that the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster gravity building is approximately 3 million cubic feet. So, the Guardian's gravity building is roughly 3 times the size of RNRC's.

Last edited:

Mike S

Length of 305 ft. Depth of 225 ft. Height of 140 ft. This is just for the cube, not including the connector or the former UOE building.

Giving a volume of approximately 9.6 million cubic feet. For comparison, I estimate that the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster gravity building is approximately 3 million cubic feet. So, the Guardian's gravity building is roughly 3 times the size of RNRC's.
giphy.gif

Bender123

Like I said, you’re just showing yourself up now.

:)

But this is a Guardians thread.

Is this just becoming a normal thing, now? It seems like there are a bunch of people who come here just to argue with you about things they don't understand...Just such a weird flex to come in and try to argue some of these points that were known years ago.

Sure, we have differences in stylistic choices, but I sure as hell realize that you are very rarely incorrect in your knowledge of WDW planning and design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom