News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

Could just be imagining things since I don’t see why they would be necessary, but it appears that new support beams are installed in the building. Plus welding or some sort of power tool usage by the launch tunnel was spotted yesterday, flying sparks visible from the park.
If you’re talking about Energy, there have been new support beams in there for a while now. There are also some cable type things in the old exits. Here’s a picture I took on April 1 with the cables I mentioned circled. Arrow at a new support.
FFB44811-1478-4266-9D1D-C9B4C62EEE0F.jpeg

Epcot_Imagineer

Figured I'd give a semi-recap for everyone! Went through an re-read a small portion about 400 pages back where Martin and others said the following (please, please correct me on anything I got wrong and add any additional information):
-Vekoma launched coaster with lots of rows/seating
-Only 10% of the ride should be considered a "slow, dark-ride"
-Coaster first and foremost. Don't think 7DMT, think Tron
-The area between load and launch will be the most interesting part (according to Martin)
-UoE building will be used for queue/load/unload, very little for the ride
-Coaster will be spinning, but in a controlled way, not a random spinner

CHOX

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think Guardians would have been perfect where RnR currently resides. The 70's/80's music from the films are timeless and could have been easily changed out from time to time.

I agree and that's the funniest part. Ordinarily we would be getting upset when Disney makes an overlay for an existing ride and saying they should build something new instead of going the cheap route, but it feels like in this case, many (not necessarily most) people might have been more happy with an RNRC overlay.

Then again, we really don't know how the new Epcot attraction will be yet, so maybe it will be awesome..............mix

DreamfinderGuy

I was thinking the same thing. Guardians has proven to be pretty good movies, but there is nothing timeless about them. They are just hip and new! What happens with they are lame and old and forgotten about?
I enjoy the Guardians movies. In fact Vol. 2 is probably my favorite MCU movie next to Endgame. However, they don’t seem very timeless to me. They’ll hold up as films, but won’t necessarily stay relevant. Meanwhile, the Fantasyland dark rides for example can stay both timeless and relevant. Guardians will one day end up irrelevant and dated, just like every other Epcot attraction at the end of their life.

aliceismad

I agree and that's the funniest part. Ordinarily we would be getting upset when Disney makes an overlay for an existing ride and saying they should build something new instead of going the cheap route, but it feels like in this case, many (not necessarily most) people might have been more happy with an RNRC overlay.

I think many people would've been happy with a GotG overlay for RNRC IF Epcot was still getting a new headlining ride as well.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was thinking the same thing. Guardians has proven to be pretty good movies, but there is nothing timeless about them. They are just hip and new! What happens with they are lame and old and forgotten about?

Yes, although the music in the movies is 30-40 years old.

It's only been a few years since Disney created a brand new rollercoaster based on a movie that came out in 1939, so timeless is up to the person I guess

Edit: I will say that Guardians, of all of the MCU movies, does have the most colorful and "fun" feel of all of them.

aliceismad

If the ride is that good, it will retain it's fun and can standalone. One of Uni's best rides is The Mummy, and those movies were pretty crappy.

DreamfinderGuy

Some people would've loved this, but I think Disney thinks it needs a crowd-wowing thrill ride at Epcot. Soarin and TT have lost their edge. MK's getting Tron, AK has FOP, and HS is getting SW:GE
Epcot still has an expansion pad in between The Land and Seas, correct? Or did that get filled by backstage facilities?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom