News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mat Cauthon

It's essential that everyone knows there's still something to complain about ;)

tl77

Then we would have people complaining that is not sized to the rest of the FW structures. They choose the best option as usual.
Um? what? It's taller than the other pavilions but it's not bigger, Spaceship Earth is the smallest but tallest pavilion in Future World... and depending what texture or color they add to the big box they can make it "seem smaller" or make it "stand out", but a big cube painted blue that ruins the illusion and theme that you're in a world of the future is hardly the best option

kthomas105

I don’t know what they’re thinking. What’s being proposed could easily be accommodated in (the structurally sound) West.
Do you think they are choosing to completly raze and build new based on the track record of previous remodels of East/West? It seems that every remodel of the past has been less significant and less of a draw than what was located there before. At this point it seems like they might just be afraid if they dont build a new building then guest wont visit the area because of how long the area has just been a pass through. At least a new building will clearly present the fact that there is something new to experience here. Not saying I agree with any of this but it might explain why they are choosing to demo and rebuild one whole side without adding sq feet overall.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you think they are choosing to completly raze and build new based on the track record of previous remodels of East/West? It seems that every remodel of the past has been less significant and less of a draw than what was located there before. At this point it seems like they might just be afraid if they dont build a new building then guest wont visit the area because of how long the area has just been a pass through. At least a new building will clearly present the fact that there is something new to experience here. Not saying I agree with any of this but it might explain why they are choosing to demo and rebuild one whole side without adding sq feet overall.
The not-removing proposal was gorgeous. It would have ticked all the required boxes and then some.

It’s almost like someone(s) is (are) trying to prove how good they are.

Maybe.

trainplane3

The not-removing proposal was gorgeous. It would have ticked all the required boxes and then some.

It’s almost like someone(s) is (are) trying to prove how good they are.

Maybe.
It's almost like they're trying to avoid another Horizons demo with the amount of reuse they're doing in FW at this point. Aside from Innoventions West of course (at this point). They're all unique, one of a kind buildings.

I'm looking forward to "leaked" concept art of what could've been in 10+ years honestly.

MickeyMinnieMom

Very well liked with huge potential to shine again?
By whom, really? How small a group actually cares about this building? Enough that they'd care to have it "preserved" rather than replaced? I can get behind some of the I-love-Epcot-and-you-just-don't-get-it stuff, but Innoventions?! Seems a bridge too far TO ME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom