News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

It just seems as if they plopped a massive pile of fecal matter right down next to Space Ship Earth without any consideration of the architecture throughout Future world that accents the parks main icon and thematic thesis.

I didn't know we were talking about Journey Into You're Imagination...

Or Soarn's building...
Or Inovention's paint job...
Or the Swan and Dolphin...
Or anything else that people have lost their collective fecal matter over...

Oh woe is me!

Movielover

All of those don't come any where close to destorying the intergrity of Space Ship Earth the way Guardians does.

And I can argue that my enjoyment from a visual and internal level of an attraction is not affected by a completely separate attraction. If you don't like the way the building looks, then don't look at it and instead focus on how amazing SSE is.

lazyboy97o

And I can argue that my enjoyment from a visual and internal level of an attraction is not affected by a completely separate attraction. If you don't like the way the building looks, then don't look at it and instead focus on how amazing SSE is.
The interconnected relationship of images is a key component of themed entertainment design.

Movielover

The interconnected relationship of images is a key component of themed entertainment design.

Gee thanks, as a person invested in the arts I had no idea about this... :rolleyes:

I just don't let the shortcomings of one building affect my enjoyment of others. You know you don't have to look athe Guardians building 24/7 right?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Gee thanks, as a person invested in the arts I had no idea about this... :rolleyes:

I just don't let the shortcomings of one building affect my enjoyment of others. You know you don't have to look athe Guardians building 24/7 tight?
For someone who makes that claim, you seem to enjoy dismissing themed entertainment as a legitimate medium. There isn’t much point in any notion of design if all shortcomings are just ignored.

Movielover

For someone who makes that claim, you seem to enjoy dismissing themed entertainment as a legitimate medium.

And for someone who claims to enjoy Disney you sure do seem to enjoy hating on every little thing that they do.

Considering I happily work in themed entertainment I would be out of a job if I didn't consider it a legitimate medium.

There isn’t much point in any notion of design if all shortcomings are just ignored.

Something that has been happening to every theme park since they were built. I just knew that everyone on here would freak out no matter what building choice Disney went with. I'm just not letting this building get under my skin and instead focusing on the fantastic architecture that is the rest of the park, especially SSE. I'm letting the building's paint scheme do what it is intended to do which is letting the structure fade away in the background to let the other buildings catch the focus of the eye. It is one of many tools in the themed entertainment tool kit

Last edited:

Movielover

You would have truly hated Disneyland with all those large warehouses looming over the parking lot

Now now most of those where built under Walt's leadership and as you know we are not suppose to criticize ANYTHING from that era

1548684785401.png

Nothing as inviting as chain link and barb wire...

lazyboy97o

You would have truly hated Disneyland with all those large warehouses looming over the parking lot (built from the 60s through 90s)...

But most of us (me included) just loved it. Including solving the mystery of what lived inside those buildings... my Mom thought Pirates was underground until I had to burst her bubble..
I visited the Disneyland parking lot. It’s not Walt Disney World.

Here now (and every month). I see NO digging at Space Restaurant and recall none for Space itself.

To most people sub grade means entire floor or floors beneath ground level. Common at Disney parks in California and elsewhere but NOT here.
I said Mission: SPACE, not the restaurant. Where do you think all of the equipment to make the centrifuges spin is located? The pits that allow equipment to be moved into the south basement can be seen in the aerial photos of the space restaurant construction.

gmajew

Premium Member
The debate over the exterior of the building is getting old! It was a major mistake on disney part to not them it and make it fit.... We all get it and accept that as fact! Now why can we not just stop beating the horse on the subject.... Wait until the project is done maybe by some miracle they see the error in their mistake and fix it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom