News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

peter11435

I make a comment on the ride and ride system and why it doesn't seem like an E-Ticket, and you, along with
a bunch of others, (those that liked your comment), fixate on that I didn't use the Rat's proper name? Now am
not amazed at how these discussions get off track.
I don’t think it was about calling you out specifically. The choice of name for the attraction has been a topic on the forums and your post is a good indication of why the company would have wanted both ratatouille and Remy in the title. It’s a very common mistake to call the character ratatouille.

Timothy_Q

I make a comment on the ride and ride system and why it doesn't seem like an E-Ticket, and you, along with
a bunch of others, (those that liked your comment), fixate on that I didn't use the Rat's proper name? Now am
Yeah, threads get off topic pretty often.

Including you talking about Ratatouille in the Guardians thread.

phillip9698

If Disney made a ride based on Mowgli's travel through the jungle would you say "I really love this ride, they really make you feel like Jungle Book traversing through the trees"? Doesnt that sound ridiculous?

OG Runner

If Disney made a ride based on Mowgli's travel through the jungle would you say "I really love this ride, they really make you feel like Jungle Book traversing through the trees"? Doesnt that sound ridiculous?

Yes, it would, but my point was not about the name of the ride, but if it was going to be an E-Ticket ride.

Kman101

Thank you. It's been repeated so often that it felt like fact even though no one ever stated it would be "painted flats".

One question I have is if the ride will slow/stop for show scenes or is everything going to just be seen as the ride is zipping past? There's only the one launch at the start, right?

And context is key in some of those posts Penguin posted. Many, myself included, likely jumped the gun or were just being cynical and snarky. Again, context in the ongoing discussion was key.

matt9112

That won't happen as they're not allowed to add to or alter the attractions in anything more than upkeep or maintenance. I'm shocked they managed to get away with a complete hulk retrack along with on-ride audio and new lighting package.

didn't change what the ride is i think i ssd the gist. improved but the ride is the same ride achieving the same end goals.

matt9112

So what exactly is DCA getting? They already have the Guardians coaster, so then what else? Is the Captain America bike coaster still happening? I’m sure they still want something kid-friendly with Spider-Man too.

Hong Kong will have the Iron Man simulator and the Ant-Man and the Wasp ride by the end of next year, giving them the most complete Marvel area that’s not in IOA, right? I just feel like everything Marvel related (especially stateside) is taking a weirdly long amount of time to put together.

this is disney....you know that right? they have legit canceled ideas/plans after dirt was dug.

matt9112

One thing sits on a foundation with tons of rigid support... one is hung from a wire along with dozens of its peers. Who would have knew that weight is a big deal?

more cost likely? im sure battery packs with little acs could be on top of cars and recharge at stations somdhow but i figure that would add enormous cost.

Incomudro

you have to treat it like a slow dark ride first and coaster second but EVERYONE says ots on tracks...i think its brilliant is it perfect? no but brilliant yes.

Problem is if you will, that without knowing the ride (and the family and I knew absolutely nothing about it) - it set itself up as a coaster that would be quite similar to The Mummy.
That first steep drop...
Then the pausing at screens sort of segmented the ride to watch little movies.
It was impressively done, but no one was clamoring to ride it again.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Problem is if you will, that without knowing the ride (and the family and I knew absolutely nothing about it) - it set itself up as a coaster that would be quite similar to The Mummy.
That first steep drop...
Then the pausing at screens sort of segmented the ride to watch little movies.
It was impressively done, but no one was clamoring to ride it again.
The one complaint I have about Mummy... too short. If this GotG ride is less than 5 minutes long, it, too, will be too short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom