News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

To be honest my example was fair in my opinion as when Everest was being built and people went mad about the show building, nobody on here knew how it would end up. Once they painted the scenery on it and added some trees, many on here changed their tune and said "Actually that's not too bad".

We know that the side of the GOTG building viewed from inside the park is green at the bottom and blue at the top as they've started working on it. We don't however know what the plans are from the parking lot side. I was there 3 weeks ago myself and fully accept that the size of the building is very large and that right now it looks an eyesore. I'm also accepting the potential for it to look an eyesore when completed but I'm merely pointing out that Disney may have plans to theme to the point where people say "Actually that's not too bad at all"

As far as I'm aware Disney hasn't announced what they're doing with the parking lot side yet, if they have then apologies but I've not read that anywhere. Maybe they have or you know somebody there who's told you they're not doing anything with it, I'm not aware of that being the case though?

Lets' hope they do something but I'm also waiting till I know how it ends up before losing too much sleep over it.
Good to hear then. Hopefully that adds belief that they'll be doing something with the parking lot side of GOTG, have you any info on that yet Martin?
The whole point of a prefinished product is that it is prefinished.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
That's different than some telling us that there's some story involved in the parking lot experience.

But absolutely yes, they should be doing all of these things and I wish they did a better job at it.

You are safely directed to a parking spot, you get on a clean tram with a CM who gives you useful information in a friendly and sometimes comedic manner. Yes it isn’t the most exciting thing in the world but it reinforces what should make Disney unique.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
20181111_144631.jpg
20181111_144629(0).jpg
20181111_144629.jpg
20181111_144626.jpg
20181111_144625.jpg

A few bad phone images from the monorail a few moments ago. It is amazing how big the building is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m confused why the parking-lot side of any of these buildings matters at all. I don’t consider myself onstage at that point, but clearly others do.
Epcot in particular had a wonderful series of reveals from the auto plaza on.

Now you go auto plaza then massive, out of place and unthemed square block, then Spaceship earth as you drive in.

LittleBuford

Now you go auto plaza then massive, out of place and unthemed square block, then Spaceship earth.

I would have preferred the building to be themed. But it’s not, and I’m willing to wait for the final product (both in terms of appearance and ride experience) before judging it too harshly. If a car-park view has been sacrificed for a great new ride, I consider that a net gain.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would have preferred the building to be themed. But it’s not, and I’m willing to wait for the final product (both in terms of appearance and ride experience) before judging it too harshly. If a car-park view has been sacrificed for a great new ride, I consider that a net gain.
I wouldn’t call it a great new ride. But others probably will.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Pretty sure @marni1971 already knows that the final product will be, hence forth his commentary.

LittleBuford

I wouldn’t call it a great new ride. But others probably will.

I’m not a fan of overly intense roller coaster generally, but I will wait to experience it before judging it one way of the other. Whether or not it turns out to be something I really like, I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it more than the tedium of what it’s replacing.

BrianLo

Now you go auto plaza then massive, out of place and unthemed square block, then Spaceship earth as you drive in.

Once you are fully disturbed, you further get to walk under rotting 80's infrastructure and are greeted by tombstones to memorialize the Epcot that was. It's so magical.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m not a fan of overly intense roller coaster generally, but I will wait to experience it before judging it one way of the other. Whether or not it turns out to be something I really like, I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it more than the tedium of what it’s replacing.
It won’t be intense. But I wouldn’t presume to call my opinion fact (not that I’m accusing anyone of this :) )

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Once you are fully disturbed, you further get to walk under rotting 80's infrastructure and are greeted by tombstones to memorialize the Epcot that was. It's so magical.
Not forgetting my pet love that greets you even before the monorail station. The construction site grade lighting tower for the tram crossing.

But the parks gone to pot now so why should I care anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom