News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

It really does depend on pacing. Maverick is 2 1/2 minutes with 4450ft (dual launch) of track, Steel Vengeance is the same but with 5740ft (200ft lift), and Millennium Force is 6500ft at 2:20 (310ft lift).

https://rcdb.com/15411.htm
https://rcdb.com/3570.htm
https://rcdb.com/594.htm

We don't know if there'll will be slow down sections for show scenes or not but if there is, that'd be a quick a way to add time on. If it's 3000ft long and meanders around like Space Mountain does, we'd probably hit 2 minutes easily. This is if we launch, go to the top of the building, and slowly work our way down.

Also, Disney could pull a sneaky PR move and say it's one of the longest for ride time and not track length. For all we know, we could get a 1500ft coaster that goes around at 10mph :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It really does depend on pacing. Maverick is 2 1/2 minutes with 4450ft (dual launch) of track, Steel Vengeance is the same but with 5740ft (200ft lift), and Millennium Force is 6500ft at 2:20 (310ft lift).

https://rcdb.com/15411.htm
https://rcdb.com/3570.htm
https://rcdb.com/594.htm

We don't know if there'll will be slow down sections for show scenes or not but if there is, that'd be a quick a way to add time on. If it's 3000ft long and meanders around like Space Mountain does, we'd probably hit 2 minutes easily. This is if we launch, go to the top of the building, and slowly work our way down.

Also, Disney could pull a sneaky PR move and say it's one of the longest for ride time and not track length. For all we know, we could get a 1500ft coaster that goes around at 10mph :p

I remember millennium force feeling like you left your face back in Cleveland...worse than kingda ka...

But you’d like to think they came up with some type of ingenuity for guardians to make it a show and a thrill...wouldn’t you??

trainplane3

I remember millennium force feeling like you left your face back in Cleveland...worse than kingda ka...

But you’d like to think they came up with some type of ingenuity for guardians to make it a show and a thrill...wouldn’t you??
Worse then Ka? I've never had a bad ride on MF and I visit yearly. And it's funny, I've heard TTD is a better ride then Ka even though they're practically twins. Only rides I've had iffy experiences on were the Mine Ride, Mean Streak (it's dead now, finally), and Rougaru (and that was only because my friends breakfast went everywhere...luckily I didn't get much of it).

And I'd hope they'd make it a show and a thrill but in this day, I don't know what to expect from WDI. I expect screens and cardboard cutouts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We don't know if there'll will be slow down sections for show scenes or not

Insiders have indicated not. But since the cars can do a controlled rotation, and this is supposed to be a family ride, there may be a lot of relatively 'slow' coasting where you face some sort of scene; but not anything like the stop and slow roll past a scene in 7DMT.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Worse then Ka? I've never had a bad ride on MF and I visit yearly. And it's funny, I've heard TTD is a better ride then Ka even though they're practically twins. Only rides I've had iffy experiences on were the Mine Ride, Mean Streak (it's dead now, finally), and Rougaru (and that was only because my friends breakfast went everywhere...luckily I didn't get much of it).

And I'd hope they'd make it a show and a thrill but in this day, I don't know what to expect from WDI. I expect screens and cardboard cutouts.

I didn’t know they took out mean streak...I liked it...

For me...the sheer elements of magnum will never bee exceeded...I like millennium force well enough but those humps can really throw some bug juices in your face 😜

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Insiders have indicated not. But since the cars can do a controlled rotation, and this is supposed to be a family ride, there may be a lot of relatively 'slow' coasting where you face some sort of scene; but not anything like the stop and slow roll past a scene in 7DMT.

They label everything a “family ride”...that doesn’t mean much. What rides haven’t been portrayed as “family rides”?

Maybe tower of terror in 1993...but that’s it...

trainplane3

I didn’t know they took out mean streak...I liked it...

For me...the sheer elements of magnum will never bee exceeded...I like millennium force well enough but those humps can really throw some bug juices in your face 😜
#1 rule of riding coasters there, keep your mouth closed! Especially at night. Night rides on Magnum are truly the best though. I'll never argue with that.

And, they didn't remove it. They dumped the wood track and cranked it up to 11.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
#1 rule of riding coasters there, keep your mouth closed! Especially at night. Night rides on Magnum are truly the best though. I'll never argue with that.

And, they didn't remove it. They dumped the wood track and cranked it up to 11.

Eh...I’m more of a wooden twister fan (kennywood is my home park...the smithsonian of amusement parks)...but parks seem to dump those nowadays

trainplane3

Eh...I’m more of a wooden twister fan (kennywood is my home park...the smithsonian of amusement parks)...but parks seem to dump those nowadays
Same here but Mean Streak was a pile that tore itself apart after every retracking. They trimmed (On. The. First. Drop!) it to the point that it made it insanely slow for a ride of its size. It honestly wasn't worth fixing anymore so a massive overhaul from RMC solved it. (Blue Streak is good in my book though)

Now if Kennywood did that? Heck no. Those rides are too good to do that to. Even if Thunderbolt bruised my ribs last month.

I've been to Cedar Point (and Disney) more then Kennywood and I live only 45 minutes from it. Ain't that something?

Last edited:

EPICOT

Same here but Mean Streak was a pile that tore itself apart after every retracting. They trimmed (On. The. First. Drop!) it to the point that it made it insanely slow for a ride of its size. It honestly wasn't worth fixing anymore so a massive overhaul from RMC solved it. (Blue Streak is good in my book though)

Now if Kennywood did that? Heck no. Those rides are too good to do that to. Even if Thunderbolt bruised my ribs last month.

I've been to Cedar Point (and Disney) more then Kennywood and I live only 45 minutes from it. Ain't that something?

Cedar Point has just gotten too busy for me the past couple years. Maybe I’m just going on the wrong days. I’m a big King’s Island fan though. Wooden coaster paradise, plus the park captures just a (very) little bit of the theming of Disney.

trainplane3

Cedar Point has just gotten too busy for me the past couple years. Maybe I’m just going on the wrong days. I’m a big King’s Island fan though. Wooden coaster paradise, plus the park captures just a (very) little bit of the theming of Disney.
Halloweekends or bust honestly. Fridays are so dead you can get through all the coasters in 2-3 hours. Saturdays are nuts and die off at 9pm, Sundays are even slower then Fridays. Avoid Columbus day at all costs.
Good guess.
Oof. That hurts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Same here but Mean Streak was a pile that tore itself apart after every retracting. They trimmed (On. The. First. Drop!) it to the point that it made it insanely slow for a ride of its size. It honestly wasn't worth fixing anymore so a massive overhaul from RMC solved it. (Blue Streak is good in my book though)

Those 3 John miller classics are basically museum pieces. The cyclone at Coney Island gets all the love...but the true classics are actually at kennywood.

Cedar point is far more impressive than Kennywood, no doubt...it’s just a different dynamic. I loved going to Geauga and seaworld aurora also As a kid...it’s a shame what happened there.

SpaceMountain77

I guess nothing in the public domain yet.

Oh, @marni1971 , you have not seen the concept art that has been released into the public domain? After additional details are added to the roofline, that cubic eyesore should look something like this . . . .
WDW-NewHotel.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Those 3 John miller classics are basically museum pieces. The cyclone at Coney Island gets all the love...but the true classics are actually at kennywood.

Cedar point is far more impressive than Kennywood, no doubt...it’s just a different dynamic. I loved going to Geauga and seaworld aurora also As a kid...it’s a shame what happened there.
When I lived just north of P'burg, we used to go up to Geauga and then Cedar Point with a group of coaster lovers in the office. Funny how the group never went to Kennywood together...

But several of the rides from Geauga live on in other Cedar Fair parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom