News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

...straight from Chernobyl Farms...

I get the angst...but they did manage to hide some massive show buildings in Epcot - notably Mexico...

Even though it was a different era. I don’t expect a big box sticking up for all to see...maybe the monorail route...but I don’t think they care there
It’s already a big box sticking up for all to see.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Took these yesterday. Show building is pretty massive. Third pic is to show perspective from near the UK/France Pavillion.
20180624_182851.jpg
20180624_182856.jpg
20180624_204335.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've got to stop reading Marty Sklar's book, its pretty depressing seeing how Epcot was supposed to be not another "Magic Kingdom" park but that is what its turning into. No more innovation, no more ground breaking attractions, just roller coasters and clones.

It's horrible what they're doing to Sklarland!!

:p

The Empress Lilly

WS has a backside. Sometimes three per pavilion.

FW does not, except perhaps for The Land (and later additions). FW are stand-alone pavilions that can be read in their entirety. You don't hide them, you show them! They are the story, the place.

montyz81

Definitely confirmed.

Makes a change, I know :)
Is there any other concept art that shows what this might look like in the end, hight wise? Also, I got to believe they were considering the look of the building when they first designed it. Why else would they have had all those sight balloons up anyway? If they are this far in the design process, a model must exist somewhere to show what this looks like.https://www.google.com/search?q=sig...AUICigB&biw=1654&bih=887#imgrc=eatWcfV9_9wkeM:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is there any other concept art that shows what this might look like in the end, hight wise? Also, I got to believe they were considering the look of the building when they first designed it. Why else would they have had all those sight balloons up anyway? If they are this far in the design process, a model must exist somewhere to show what this looks like.https://www.google.com/search?q=sig...AUICigB&biw=1654&bih=887#imgrc=eatWcfV9_9wkeM:

They are keeping it under wraps while they clear out some space for it in that walk-through about some old dead guy over at DHS. :eek::banghead:

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Uh... exactly the opposite has been said actually. This will be one of the longest enclosed coasters on the planet.

That’s at least encouraging...but speed and pacing will still determine the length. If we get 3 minutes that will be very lucky.

RNR is listed at 3,400 feet...and the official ride Time is1:22...but that includes the launch pause. The ride is only 51 seconds long.

I would assume guardians is a launch coaster and if it’s 5,000 feet...you’re lookibg at 1:45 or so at most.

lazyboy97o

That’s at least encouraging...but speed and pacing will still determine the length. If we get 3 minutes that will be very lucky.

RNR is listed at 3,400 feet...and the official ride Time is1:22...but that includes the launch pause. The ride is only 51 seconds long.

I would assume guardians is a launch coaster and if it’s 5,000 feet...you’re lookibg at 1:45 or so at most.
5,000’ of track would make this far and away the longest enclosed coaster in the world but Disney said one of, not the, longest. Just being the exact same length as Rock ‘n Rollercoaster will meet the claim.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ca=114&order=-22&ot=2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom