News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Clamman73

Cool!! Thank you!! I hope they keep it. Any chance the fountain at the front of spaceship earth might be returned to glory or at least an incarnation.
Things-I-Miss-011.jpg
Maybe we'll get purple prisms....think of all the free instagram Epcot advertising.

SuperStretccch

Not sure if this was mentioned already (it probably was), but I'm betting money that this will feature at least one snarky self-aware comment from Rocket or another character about Epcot or the thematic inconsistency between GotG and Epcot. Actually, I feel like it's almost guaranteed to happen, considering both Mission Breakout and Incredicoaster have done this already. :rolleyes:

matt9112

totally agreed...
to me, it also heavily reinforced the perspective mere amusements could be approached as art

i just thought the talent at work in that building was nuts, and that certainly includes post shows (some of which happen to be more charming than some full-on attractions)

and, oh boy, does @marni1971 have a present for you!

if only martin was chairman of the board..... :(

matt9112

My husband does floors for a living and by far his biggest complaint is that people shut off their AC when they know workers are coming...apparently that's a "thing". (Dumb if you ask me - it costs far more to re-cool than it does to maintain temps with doors being opened a few times.)

if theres lots of dust it can easily clog the air filter however i would hazzard the space should be kept cool so things dont exspand too much etc wtih all the humidity and a cheap filter for duration of construction is ok.

matt9112

Not sure if this was mentioned already (it probably was), but I'm betting money that this will feature at least one snarky self-aware comment from Rocket or another character about Epcot or the thematic inconsistency between GotG and Epcot. Actually, I feel like it's almost guaranteed to happen, considering both Mission Breakout and Incredicoaster have done this already. :rolleyes:

and guests lap it up....they love it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The backstory is Peter visiting Epcot, how can there not be comments about being in Disney World?

ChewbaccaYourMum

The backstory is Peter visiting Epcot, how can there not be comments about being in Disney World?
Personally, that's what I'm looking forward to the most... The commentary and self awareness made Mission Breakout so much more fun and funny for me. Just my opinion..

ThatMouse

Personally, that's what I'm looking forward to the most... The commentary and self awareness made Mission Breakout so much more fun and funny for me. Just my opinion..

I know it won't happen, but if they brought back the original universe of energy 80's soundtrack and gave a few nods to it, it certainly would turn me around to liking this attraction, instead of being kind of mad at it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's not forget about those 100 ft tall palm trees that will be planted in front of it ;)

...straight from Chernobyl Farms...

I get the angst...but they did manage to hide some massive show buildings in Epcot - notably Mexico...

Even though it was a different era. I don’t expect a big box sticking up for all to see...maybe the monorail route...but I don’t think they care there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom