News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rle4lunch

I thought it was "Guardians of the Universe"
index.jpg

rocketraccoon

Construction from today. Surprised they were working today since the winds were picking back up.
VRjzz7t.jpg

Dirt being dug up between UoE and Wonders of Life, about where the tunnel to the gravity building should be.
E5GkUTj.jpg

Ladder is confirmed. A nice one too!
PCAGTNW.jpg

A look at the gravity building site.
HYazSvz.jpg

MZk0Flv.jpg

About the best view of how tall the gravity building will be vs UoE.
x7HZPBV.jpg

In terms of sight lines: The view from the entrance. I believe this'll be as tall as it'll get.
lNWjJJ4.jpg

From the queue for Spaceship Earth:
tnLooFr.jpg

And from the front of UoE:
dMZZiYa.jpg

Nothing changed at the front of the pavilion.

Skibum1970

lol. Still three years away. This must be one amazing coaster. ;)

Is this being deliberately dragged out so they can open it in 2021? Or does it REALLY take them that long to build this thing ...

My Guesses:
1. They have to wait until after the Guardians movie to not spoil the fact that Quill lives.

2. It's Disney. Everything takes twice as long and costs twice as much as it should.

Kman101

Someone confirmed that it was because of the need of live film portions that will be filmed during the Vol. 3 process.

Thanks! I think I must of missed that.

It just seems odd the building is flying up yet we're waiting until 2021. I know they have a 'strategy' of when they want to open things so I was just curious if they could actually open it sooner but were delaying it so it could open in 2021 for the anniversary. I know there's a lot more that goes into these things but I think a lot of these things could be open within a 2 year span if they wanted them to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom