News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I’m all Disney is better than anyone. Just because saying anything else is sacrilegious to me. That said, what is it with Poly? My wife belongs to a Disney fan Facebook group and all they ever write about is staying at Poly. I DON’T get it.

Fantasmicguy

If it wasn't such an unfortunate IP choice, I would applaud a decision to place a coaster in that location. That side of Futureworld would be almost coming together with a "physics" theme.

And while digital, Epcot (Center) had very popular roller coaster attraction in the Communicore back in the early days. As a kid, I always thought it was unfortunate that one could not actually ride the coaster they let you design.
I'm guessing this was before Sum of All Thrills opened isn't it?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m all Disney is better than anyone. Just because saying anything else is sacrilegious to me. That said, what is it with Poly? My wife belongs to a Disney fan Facebook group and all they ever write about is staying at Poly. I DON’T get it.
Two reasons:

1. location, location, location
2. The theming has a more laid back vibe (tropical) than either the Contemporary or GF.

sedati

That was a laserdisc video game, build your own rollercoaster with the beaver from Lady and the Tramp. Old EPCOT knew how to properly integrate IP into their attractions. Also I remember helping push luggage onto airplanes and moving traffic along with my finger.
The "Compute-A-Coaster." A must-do for me. Not long ago I had seen a great video showing the whole process, I'll see if I can track it down.

the_rich

Poly was my favorite resort to stay at until I visited AKL, now it's 2nd. My mother also loves it because it reminds her of her honeymoon in Hawaii.

Marc Davis Fan

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Marc Davis Fan

The author quotes the opinions of Disney bloggers rather than lawyers. So, basically, its not useful information.

I wouldn’t say it’s useless, as non-lawyers can certainly understand contracts, and non-lawyers who’ve thought/learned about the relevant issues can have useful insight (though of course one should always consult a lawyer with relevant expertise when dealing with any contract!). I agree, though, that opinions from lawyers would have increased the worth of that article.

Coincidentally, I‘m a lawyer who looks at a ton of contracts for my own company, so I’m eager to read the actual contract thoroughly when I have the time, and try to work out my own understanding of what the heck it really means...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wouldn’t say it’s useless, as non-lawyers can certainly understand contracts, and non-lawyers who’ve thought/learned about the relevant issues can have useful insight (though of course one should always consult a lawyer with relevant expertise when dealing with any contract!). I agree, though, that opinions from lawyers would have increased the worth of that article.

Coincidentally, I‘m a lawyer who looks at a ton of contracts for my own company, so I’m eager to read the actual contract thoroughly when I have the time, and try to work out my own understanding of what the heck it really means...

The contract is, IMO, poorly written. The outlining alone gives me headaches, nevermind the undefined terms and redundancies.

I created a better-outlined version for myself, finding-and-replacing legalese with English, and adding commentary...

Attachments

• Universal Contract redacted.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Cesar R M

Maybe they love the poly for the a) closeness b) monorail c) restaurants d) view to the lagoon with straight view to the MK.

And not actually the 3 star hotel amenities or room quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom