News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
So maybe the theme isn't about energy but about the vastness of the universe. It has been hinted here (I'm surmising) that the ride will be called "Infinite Universe".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of my fave rides anywhere is Revenge of the Mummy at USF. It's a coaster, has show scenes, and even though it is only 2.5 minutes long, I enjoy it a lot. Is this Guardians attraction expected to be similar in in any way?
Let's hope so but I highly doubt it.
Nothing I’ve heard so far suggests a show stop between launch and the final brake zone.

PorterRedkey

Nothing I’ve heard so far suggests a show stop between launch and the final brake zone.
Another vlogger (Mickey Views) is claiming that the back 2 seats of the 2x2 seat configuration will be elevated. He implies that this is for better viewing when the cars are rotated to the side. He guesses that there will be stops at show screens.

It sounds like no stops, so is any part of this right? I guess I am mostly asking about the elevated back row of seats in each 2x2 car. That would seem kind of weird for a launch coaster.

Oh and he features a post of yours from this site about the timeline for the GotG build.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Very little of that building will be used for actual “ride” believe it or not.
I think I remember you posting that a while ago, but that still baffles me. The only silver lining to me is that they kept that building and didn't demo it. At least I can let nostalgia take over when I enter that building in the future.

Awakening

Another vlogger (Mickey Views) is claiming that the back 2 seats of the 2x2 seat configuration will be elevated. He implies that this is for better viewing when the cars are rotated to the side. He guesses that there will be stops at show screens.

It sounds like no stops, so is any part of this right? I guess I am mostly asking about the elevated back row of seats in each 2x2 car. That would seem kind of weird for a launch coaster.

Oh and he features a post of yours from this site about the timeline for the GotG build.

Just seems unnecessary to have a vehicle that can be programmed to have the riders face specific directions if they're not going to actually have the audience look at anything.

trainplane3

Depending on how he meant it, most modern coasters have elevated rows to some degree. It usually isn't too extreme, just enough.
Adding to this: Unless it's something really unique, it's not really worth the mention in my book.
Winter-Chill-Out-2018-Cedar-Point-015.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Depending on how he meant it, most modern coasters have elevated rows to some degree. It usually isn't too extreme, just enough.
Adding to this: Unless it's something really unique, it's not really worth the mention in my book.
Winter-Chill-Out-2018-Cedar-Point-015.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
They looked more extreme in his video, but that is probably the result of simple graphics he was showing.
Here is the video in question:

Starts at 9:55 if the link doesn't take you to the correct section of the video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom