News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, if the entrance resort that @marni1971 hinted at becomes a reality, then I would presume there's going to be a whole bunch of front end parking moving around.

Over by where they're making the new pond, if they put a resort there, there are two parking lots for Yacht and Beach CMs that will be gobbled up.

Then there's CM parking behind Test Track and Mexico which might be moved to make way for a resort.

Unless an insider wants to be more specific about where the next two resorts are going, let alone four of them... there's no chance of guessing where things will go because so much of the infrastructure is movable if they want to move it (cf. DHS back stage).

The area that will be left for possible use that isn't GotG or water is shown by the yellow building below. That's enough space for a new attraction, or a boutique resort, or a lot more parking and back stage infrastructure (that they might have to move from somewhere else).

View attachment 239538
I don't believe a resort will go here.

bclane

Why do I get the feeling a new resort is gonna go right outside the entrance between the monorail station and the area north of the UoE building?

JohnD

I have to admit that it’s pretty disappointing how much bigger the queue will be than the ride itself. I guess the queue could include some really fun pre-show stuff, but still that just seems odd. This may turn out to be like the new Fallon ride at Uni where the pre-ride stuff is better than the actual ride (imo of course).

It's large enough to be a pavilion with the ride attached, similar to Soarin'. Don't know if that is the actual plan. You could have pre-show queue, exhibits, and maybe a counter service restaurant similar to Sunshine Seasons.

bclane

It's large enough to be a pavilion with the ride attached, similar to Soarin'. Don't know if that is the actual plan. You could have pre-show queue, exhibits, and maybe a counter service restaurant similar to Sunshine Seasons.
I think you’re right that they could put all that in there and still have room to spare. I don’t think that’s the plan though which just makes whatever their actual plan is such a mystery.

bclane

It's no mystery that it's still stupid though. The Guardians in Epcot will never make sense.
I mean they could have done so many things that would have made much more sense no doubt. I’m still holding out hope though that the ride story that plop in there will still somehow be energy related and Epcot appropriate...but I admit it is not a lot of hope.

RSoxNo1

It's no mystery that it's still stupid though. The Guardians in Epcot will never make sense.

Well, I'm glad somebody finally brought that up!!

I'll preface this by saying as a general rule I don't like IP in Epcot, especially not loose fitting IP. Having said that, there definitely is a Guardians treatment that works for Epcot. I said before Disney did that it's not unreasonable for Peter Quill to have visited EPCOT. If that's more than lip service, there is a treatment that will work. That doesn't mean that they'll do it.

Pandora gives me hope. This was highly criticized by the fan community as an illogical connection to the Animal Kingdom involving a property where nobody can identify a single character. They must have agreed with us because the story treatment is amongst the best Disney has ever done. It fits the park while paying respect to the source material. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

bclane

I'll preface this by saying as a general rule I don't like IP in Epcot, especially not loose fitting IP. Having said that, there definitely is a Guardians treatment that works for Epcot. I said before Disney did that it's not unreasonable for Peter Quill to have visited EPCOT. If that's more than lip service, there is a treatment that will work. That doesn't mean that they'll do it.

Pandora gives me hope. This was highly criticized by the fan community as an illogical connection to the Animal Kingdom with a property where nobody can identify a single character. They must have agreed with us because the story treatment is amongst the best Disney has ever done. It fits the park while paying respect to the source material. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.
I agree with that 100%. All fingers and toes crossed and hoping they do this right.

Frizzball

This sounds exactly like my mother when we were there last month, I got my 9 year old sister to ride Rock n Roller Coaster but my mum refused to go on anything 1) with an inversion, 2) she couldn't take her bag on (bye half the rides at universal) or 3) that required anything more than a lap bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom