Guard Shack removed

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
Maybe this is somewhat old news, but I noticed yesterday that they completely removed the guard shack that used to sit on Vista Blvd, just east of Ft. Wilderness. Although it added an extra layer of security to the Magic Kingdom resort areas (you had to pass through either it or the MK toll plaza to reach those hotels and Ft. Wilderness)--- the checkpoint seemed kinda useless. Almost all visitors enter the MK Resorts area thru the MK toll plaza. I hardly ever saw anyone driving west on that road. Plus, all the resorts now have their own security checkpoint outside the hotel to deter thieves and re-direct lost visitors to the MK parking lot.

figmentfan

That guard shack was an extra line of security for MK resorts.

Think about it now, anybody can drive to the resorts, but they can't into the main part of the resorts. Also, if you are really sneaky, you can go through that rode, and drive around the parking lot, and located near the exit by the MK toll plaza is a u-turn back into the parking lot, so you can park at MK for FREE?!?!?!

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Yes, MK parking is free now. EXCELLENT. Though it seems to me that there should be a larger plan that would get rid of the u-turn into the TTC parking, and at the same time let resort guests go entirely around the main MK toll plaza. I've never understood why it is like that.

FatBoy976

That guard shack has been there forever, although I remember when it used to be further back from Ft. Wilderness. They moved it when Bonnet Creek road was paved. I think when I was young it was the same guard there every time we went.

bugsbunny

As far back as 1997, I don't recall EVER seeing that shack with anyone in it.

Also, I've been going into WDW that way since around that time. I just go to Ft. Wilderness, park there for free, and then go to anywhere I want by the bus or ferry. Saved on parking and also wasn't pure chaos when leaving MK at night. It was easier to take the ferry, get a beverage at Crockett's Tavern, and then head back if I was staying off the property.

shuflemstr

Out of all the times I have been to Fort Wilderness, I never saw that guard shack unattended. They tore down the guard shack when they built the new one at the entrance to Fort Wilderness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom