GTY story ends well

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Just thought I'd share this story. We're booked on a back-to-back on the Dream next month. For the first leg, we booked a 4E aft balcony. For the second leg, I booked a guarantee for the same category. The price was great, and since I was booking the same category, I was hoping that we could keep the same room for both legs of the cruise.

When I checked my app yesterday, I had been assigned a mid-ship balcony for our guarantee room. That's not cool. So I called in and was told that my wait time would exceed 200 minutes! :eek: Thankfully, the rep picked up after 15 minutes. Apparently, when we booked last year, the aft-facing balcony was Category 4E. It's now 4D and the midships balconies fall in the 4E category. So when our 4E guarantee came up to be assigned, the computer gave us the CURRENT 4E, instead of the 4E that we originally thought we booked.

Thankfully, the rep was able to get us into an aft-facing balcony (although not the same room as the first leg of our trip), so they got it right for us and I'm pretty happy that we got it fixed before getting any closer to the cruise date. I just thought it would be nice to share a story about DCL getting it right for a guest!

Curious about GTY - if we book two staterooms at the same time using this category will we be placed next to each other? Or is it not guaranteed? Thanks for the insight

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Curious about GTY - if we book two staterooms at the same time using this category will we be placed next to each other? Or is it not guaranteed? Thanks for the insight

You are correct that you will NOT be guaranteed to be near each other. GTY staterooms are assigned based on what is available within the category within 2 or 3 weeks of your sail date. You can request it, of course, but they're not going to save the rooms for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom