GTY 5e

jaklgreen

According to the Disney website category 5e all have oversized verandas, some with whitewalls. They are spread out over several decks. You can go on the cruise website and look at the floor plans and it shows where the rooms are located.

Rasvar

Will GTY 5e all have the oversized verandah? Or is it only certain staterooms in that category?

The thing with a GTY is that you are going to have a room no less than a 5e. Not everything above 5e has an oversized verandah. So you may not end up with one. I had GTY with 6a and ended up 4e.

DisSplash

It looks like all of the 5E rooms for the Star Wars cruise we are taking are GTY - so it appears that we have no choice in the matter there as if we want to at least have a chance at getting an extended verandah, we will have to go GTY. I just talked to Disney about this and the Cast Member essentially told me that no one in 5E for those cruises has a designated room yet. I am still a bit confused over the need to make them all GTY - I suppose when a cruise is selling fast (or expected to sell fast) this is Disney's response?

I dunno, but when you book something this early, you would think that you would have a choice ... I thought that was the whole point of booking early ...

Rasvar

It looks like all of the 5E rooms for the Star Wars cruise we are taking are GTY - so it appears that we have no choice in the matter there as if we want to at least have a chance at getting an extended verandah, we will have to go GTY. I just talked to Disney about this and the Cast Member essentially told me that no one in 5E for those cruises has a designated room yet. I am still a bit confused over the need to make them all GTY - I suppose when a cruise is selling fast (or expected to sell fast) this is Disney's response?

I dunno, but when you book something this early, you would think that you would have a choice ... I thought that was the whole point of booking early ...

The GTY is a way for them to manage demand. If they have a lot of the cheaper cabins sold and more of the more expensive categories open, they can use GTY to make sure that they aren't left with a lot of open cabins when the demand is higher for the lower priced staterooms. It allows them to sell the higher priced cabins without having to put them "on sale". Granted that doesn't always work out as well for the GTY buyer if they had something specific in mind. I lucked out with my GTY. I had a 6a and ended up with 4e. I ended up on a lower deck than I wanted but I got a nice oversized verandah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom