Grrr... Come on Disney!

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
I really hope they make a new WDW Explorer CD Rom, I have the old one from 1996, I hope they make a brand new one soon! With full ride videos for EVERY ride and attraction and lots of pictures and games because the old version's games are a bit boring, Wow! I am killing fish at the living seas with some oil at the living seas!:p I hope that they make one soon!

Mr.Nutz

Yeah, I have the first one.

Actually, I'm going to install it now, play the trivia quiz and kill some fish with oil!

disneyfamily

Re: Re: Grrr... Come on Disney!

Originally posted by dalton30720

Don't count on it. Sales on the first 2 versions were not high enough to justify a 3rd.

I have both versions, I think the reason the 2nd edition did so poorly is because very little was added. Most people won't part with $49.95 for something they already have. I hope the come out with a 3rd version. I have scoured the internet looking for any info or even a rumor about a 3rd version. I even looked up the web site of the development team that did the first two editions, I found nothing ! I guess it would be hard to update something like WDW that changes so often, but at least release one every two or three years. The last version was released in 1998 I think. Imagine what the 3rd version would look like with the multimedia technology we have now just 4 years later.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
Yeah, I have the first one.

Actually, I'm going to install it now, play the trivia quiz and kill some fish with oil!

I love doing that!!! I have both the older and newer (with some AK info) ones. I wish they would come out with a new one commemorating the 100 Years of Magic thingy. I play that cd-rom all the time, and I've mastered the Trivia Challenge!

Disney4648

The last time i saw a WDW Explorer Cd-ROM was in 1997 at Dixie Landings Resort in Fulton's General Store. You can still find them on ebay i think but they are the smae additon.:(

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
I really hope they make a new WDW Explorer CD Rom, I have the old one from 1996, I hope they make a brand new one soon! With full ride videos for EVERY ride and attraction and lots of pictures and games because the old version's games are a bit boring, Wow! I am killing fish at the living seas with some oil at the living seas!:p I hope that they make one soon!

LOL I agree. We got the old one a few years ago for christmas (1999 I belive) and spent the whole holiday doing the same thing!!!!

I do agree, it is about time for a new one, with lots of new info, games, maps ect. I guess we could get it out and play with it, I haven't used it in a few years! We did get the Disney Trivia CD ROM for christmas this past year, but I wish they had more questions on the parks.

MKCustodial

I have the Second Edition, and also the D Show, which is really cool, lots of great and tough questions.:D And I've heard about the board game and wanted to get it on my next trip, anyone know if it's good?:confused:

WDWspider

They need to offer Upgrade CD's at $24.95. I would have bought that and upgraded to 2nd Edition if it had been available. Plus, they could offer downloads from the internet to keep information current (the new pool at Poly for example) and park maps (new minor rides like Buzz Lightyear and name changes like Dinosaur. Just a thought.

Luau Cove

The WDW Explorer was very well done. The second edition was more of the same. If Disney wants people to buy the third version, they need to change basically all the exloring system. They could create a virtual explorer, where you move around the parks, as if you were really walking in it. That would take some time, but it would be amazing.

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom