Ground Transportation

imamouse

Original Poster
I have be researching flights from the east coast to airports near DL. LAX is cheapest, but I'm wondering about ground transportation from the airport to a good neighbor hotel.

I'd rather fly into Orange County airport (SNA), but it cost more regardless if I book award travel or payment. I've also tried the Burbank (BUR) and Long Beach (LGB) airports, but LAX is always less. I will be flying on US Airways.

Are there shuttles available from all area airports to DL? Do they serve the good neighbor hotels? How long does it take get shuttle from these airports to DL? Is one vendor better than another? How far in advance should I book ground transportation, or is it available on a walk-up basis?

Thanks in advance for submitting answers and suggestions :wave:.

nemofinder22

Hmmm I have no idea, pretty sure DLR has no offical ground transportation but maybe try and see if the hotel your staying at has a shuttle service or if the LAX website has any info on transport.

I'm sure someone else on here can help.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There is the Disneyland express.....www.airportbus.com (800-938-8933) I think it about $20 per person each way from LAX

You can also use other shuttles..... supershuttle.com, primetimeshuttle.com

Or a car service....airportsupercar.com

or a taxi about $75 one way

Or the city bus

imamouse

Original Poster
Thank you all for the suggestions. Being from the east coast, I have no idea how what the affordable options are for getting from the airport to the resort. I guess DME at WDW has spoiled me.

If anyone knows of the best, reasonably priced shuttles from the Orange County, Burbank or Long Beach airports, I'd love to have more suggestions.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When we flew into orange county we just took a taxi. It was about the same price as the shuttle and that way we didn't have to wait while it stopped at other hotels before ours.

mouselvrmom

When we flew into orange county we just took a taxi. It was about the same price as the shuttle and that way we didn't have to wait while it stopped at other hotels before ours.

Yes, beware, we took a shuttle from lax and it took forever before it even left for other hotels. We had to keep circling the airport while he looked for more people to pick up. :ROFLOL:

lilclerk

Yes, beware, we took a shuttle from lax and it took forever before it even left for other hotels. We had to keep circling the airport while he looked for more people to pick up. :ROFLOL:
Haha I know, it was so awkward. I took a solo trip to DL by myself last year and I was stuck in a van with a woman, her two kids, and two other solo people while the driver went around looking for one last person. No one really knew what to do, so I talked to the kids about Disney. Once we got on the road, it was about 45ish minutes before we got to the Disneyland area, and I was of course in the last hotel.
I forget the name of the shuttle I used, but I booked it right on the Disneyland website when I booked the trip. It wasn't too expensive, and they did their job. But you can also book a town car, rental car, or the Disneyland shuttle bus on the website when you book your package.

imamouse

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the advice. I hope I can fly into Orange Co and take a taxi, but LAX still comes up cheaper. I'm trying to factor in the cost of ground transportation to determine which airport is best from both time and cost perspectives.

Any more info out there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom