Ground Transportation/parking options? (Miami/general)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I could have sworn I saw somewhere you can book your ground transportation through DCL. My travel agent didn't have any info on that, but offered a private company.

The reason it's important is I assume if we book something through DCL, I can use my Disney Rewards points(?) to pay for it, so I won't care what it costs.

I don't know if I should even bother contacting DCL if I have already booked through a travel agent.

We are cruising out of Miami, and live in the Fort Lauderdale area. I'm guessing a 30 to 60 minute drive, depending on traffic.

Other options: Uber, get dropped off by a friend, or I guess there must be long-term parking? Anyone ever use that in Miami?

lostpro9het

I could have sworn I saw somewhere you can book your ground transportation through DCL. My travel agent didn't have any info on that, but offered a private company.

The reason it's important is I assume if we book something through DCL, I can use my Disney Rewards points(?) to pay for it, so I won't care what it costs.

I don't know if I should even bother contacting DCL if I have already booked through a travel agent.

We are cruising out of Miami, and live in the Fort Lauderdale area. I'm guessing a 30 to 60 minute drive, depending on traffic.

Other options: Uber, get dropped off by a friend, or I guess there must be long-term parking? Anyone ever use that in Miami?
IMO, uber from FL to Miami. We did this for our cruise last year and it was easy. Only caveat is build in traffic time.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
It must be done through DCL and your TA would need to make it happen. Your TA should know that, honestly.
My TA is KK, so I was kind of surprised, but also don't have any idea what I'm talking about - first cruise and first time using a TA! No big deal.
Wait a minute! I was in Ft Lauderdale all the time the past 5 years and never got a beer! Or even the offer of one😞

What about the tri rail? You could catch it from FLL.
Tri-rail is not a bad idea. I'll have to compare pricing with Uber direct vs. Uber to the tri rail and from the tri rail lol.

You have a standing invite, ma'am! I know where all the beer is!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Doing my midnight booking - looks like the site went down for a minute, but not before I booked Remy for our anniversary night! Also booked Palo one night, plus a Palo brunch and a Remy brunch. Booked a bourbon tasting.

Not sure about the photo packages - only 2 of us - does it matter if you buy the photo package on day 2? Like you can't take photos on day one?

Still have to look at excursions, gym, etc. But the important stuff is done!!

TheMouseFan

Doing my midnight booking - looks like the site went down for a minute, but not before I booked Remy for our anniversary night! Also booked Palo one night, plus a Palo brunch and a Remy brunch. Booked a bourbon tasting.

Not sure about the photo packages - only 2 of us - does it matter if you buy the photo package on day 2? Like you can't take photos on day one?

Still have to look at excursions, gym, etc. But the important stuff is done!!
You can purchase the photo package on any day and it is good for the whole cruise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom