Grouchy CMs low quality standards and other things from our trip...

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
So we just got back today from ou r week long trip to the world after a 2 1/2 year absence and noticed a few things. First boy were they busy!!! at capacity a few of the days. even though AK and HS were dead on the 31st and 1sts.

My complaint is mostly with the CM's ... alot of them were just grouchy.. like they were so miserable to be there. it was a first to see and interact with so many unpleasent CM"S. mostly just them sounding/looking miserable, a couple strange things. like when we went to check in at prioity seating they said well your reservation is 5:00 you need to come back at 4:45(very rudly like I was so dumb or something... I walked away and told my husband and he looked at the clock it was 4:44 so then I had to walk right back and wait in line (which was now super long...) Some Cm's getting annoyed especially when we wanted to do a baby swap!
anyone else notice this??

Another thing is that we were there with our 10 month old baby and alot of the cm's were interacting with him which is fine but several felt the need to touch his face etc... I was kind of upset and felt they should keep there hands to themselves!

Also there seemed to be lots of uncoordination and chaos... when we went to dinner at the TREX resturant we were told to go to 3 different places to wait for our seat and nobody new where they wanted us. also when we were at the magic kingdom and were going in line for the speedway we asked the CM how baby swap for that ride works.. he said that we take the baby w/us they'll handle it when we get there... we get there and he said baby swap tghey should take care of it at the front and rudley told my hubby (who had the sleerping baby) go sit in the grandstsand.....

The other thing I noticed was the quality of some things. like our hotel at the pop century when we got there. there was a roach in our bathroom. my hubby killed it and i figured isolated incident.. well the next day when I went to get an item out of the drawer we put our babys stuff in tehre were two more in there!!! I also felt a few of the resturants like chef mickey's dinner buffet have dropped the quality of food they used to have. The parks seemed very messy (but could have been because of how busy they were)

now all in all had a blast and cant wait for our next trip 6/2011!!!!

EPCOTPluto

^ Technically, the T-REX CMs aren't actually WDW CMs, so they're employees.

Yes, I have noticed several CMs with such an attitude in the past few weeks, but I blame the holiday stress in dealing with thousands of tourists everyday... Sorry about the roaches at POP, though.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
So we just got back today from ou r week long trip to the world after a 2 1/2 year absence and noticed a few things. First boy were they busy!!! at capacity a few of the days. even though AK and HS were dead on the 31st and 1sts.

My complaint is mostly with the CM's ... alot of them were just grouchy.. like they were so miserable to be there. it was a first to see and interact with so many unpleasent CM"S. mostly just them sounding/looking miserable, a couple strange things. like when we went to check in at prioity seating they said well your reservation is 5:00 you need to come back at 4:45(very rudly like I was so dumb or something... I walked away and told my husband and he looked at the clock it was 4:44 so then I had to walk right back and wait in line (which was now super long...) Some Cm's getting annoyed especially when we wanted to do a baby swap!

Another thing is that we were there with our 10 month old baby and alot of the cm's were interacting with him which is fine but several felt the need to touch his face etc... I was kind of upset and felt they should keep there hands to themselves!

Also there seemed to be lots of uncoordination and chaos... when we went to dinner at the TREX resturant we were told to go to 3 different places to wait for our seat and nobody new where they wanted us. also when we were at the magic kingdom and were going in line for the speedway we asked the CM how baby swap for that ride works.. he said that we take the baby w/us they'll handle it when we get there... we get there and he said baby swap tghey should take care of it at the front and rudley told my hubby (who had the sleerping baby) go sit in the grandstsand.....

The other thing I noticed was the quality of some things. like our hotel at the pop century when we got there. there was a roach in our bathroom. my hubby killed it and i figured isolated incident.. well the next day when I went to get an item out of the drawer we put our babys stuff in tehre were two more in there!!! I also felt a few of the resturants like chef mickey's dinner buffet have dropped the quality of food they used to have. The parks seemed very messy (but could have been because of how busy they were)

If u had a blast why not post a thread on the good instead of the bad????

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
I was posting this more so because I was curiuos seeing that we went from going all the time to not having been there in 2 plus years I wanted to see if this was a new trend or just isolated holiday time incidents?

xtina72

Yes, I did notice everything you said during our last trip, that "being in another world" is getting lost to me.

We encountered alot of rude cast members this year.

I didnt have that experience in T-Rex tho, but when we were there it was not that crowded. But the food was not that good, the pizza I had was majorly soggy...yuck. I was going to skip it because I knew it was the same food as Rain Forest which has gone majorly downhill over the years.....but my kids desperately wanted to go so off we went.

It seems that more and more people come back with bad experiences, Disney better get listening!!!!

If u had a blast why not post a thread on the good instead of the bad????

because she is being honest and maybe someone from Disney may be peeking in here and might actual listen?

MAF

Would you be in a good mood if you were forced to work 12 hours on Christmas Day? I think not...:shrug:

sissa216

we actually noticed the opposite this year...
in 2007 and 2008 we had bad luck with grumpy CMs, but 2009 was noticeably better. We were there first week of December 2009 and saw probably the most courtesy and friendliness that I've seen in years.
Then again, I wasn't there for a busy holiday week

BrerFrog

Too bad to hear about your negative experiences with CMs. There is a lot of stress going on during this crazy time of the year, but that is obviously no excuse for treating a guest in a rude manner. :(

Vince3

I just returned from a week long stay at WDW as well.To be honest I did not encounter any grouchy CMs.Even in the am or pm extra hours despite the very cold temps.As a matter of fact most went out of their way to make us enjoy ourselves more in spite of the weather.
After the Canes lose to Wisconsin,the following morning we went to epcot.My son & I were wearing our Miami gear.A Soarin cm noticed we were dragging.Andy promptly came over and gave us fast passes for the day!
The very next day at MK,same thing,cm Jim gave us 21 fast passes to ease our sorrow!
There were other acts of kindness as well from other cms during our week stay as well. Made our stay very magical despite the weather & Canes lost.

_Scar

It's funny how you list all these negatives, and then you say you had a blast and can't wait until your next trip. Sounds like the bad was outweighed by the good.

I didn't notice any grouchy CMs on my trip, just grouchy guests. lol

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
I really did NOT want to be blasted nor did I think I was doing wrong by posting here! I just noted some of the negatives mostly becasue I was curious as to if we just got unlucky or if it was a new trend. I have been to disney many times and t his was a first that I noticed.. I was just curiuos. I really didn't think I need to list every positive thing down to counteract what negative things we noticed! I also felt comfortable here and didn't think I needed dto Defend my post. I am sorry if I did something wrong. I did have a blast and I can not wait to go back but for me the most magical part and best part was just enjo0ying it with my family..

wdwfan22

We noticed the same thing with the Cast Members in both August & October. There are still many great Cast Members at the world, but boy the number of unqualified ones have increased.

stitch & lilo

I really did NOT want to be blasted nor did I think I was doing wrong by posting here! I just noted some of the negatives mostly becasue I was curious as to if we just got unlucky or if it was a new trend. I have been to disney many times and t his was a first that I noticed.. I was just curiuos. I really didn't think I need to list every positive thing down to counteract what negative things we noticed! I also felt comfortable here and didn't think I needed dto Defend my post. I am sorry if I did something wrong. I did have a blast and I can not wait to go back but for me the most magical part and best part was just enjo0ying it with my family..
you should not have to defend yourself! sometimes at disney there are bad things and they need to be pointed out, like the bugs and people being rude esp touching your baby! Withh all the h1n1 info out there i CANNOT believe they thought they had any right to touch your baby, i would have b**chslapped them! i have been a die hard wdw girl and will not put up with CM's that are rude; they chose to work there and they know how nuts it is there at xmas, so put on a smile and do your job1 we went xmas 08 and i had had it at MK by 7pm guests were sitting aound the hub to get a good view for the castle lighting, and the CM's would not make them move, so babycarriges and wheel chairs were blocked from the hub, i got tired of being nice and walked thru and sometimes on 'guests' that were too lazy to move. will i go back, yes, in march 2010 and again and again, wild dingos couldnt hold me back! :slurp:

mousebymarriage

O.k. I can deal with the grouchy CM's ( I know I can be a little pis*y sometimes) and even that the food is only so-so but, I can't handle the roach thing, especially in the dresser drawers! We are staying at Pop in Feb. and I hope we don't see any bugs. I know Florida (and many southern states) have those palmetto bugs (which is southern for huge flying cockaroach) but, they just gross me out!

draybook

Would you be in a good mood if you were forced to work 12 hours on Christmas Day? I think not...:shrug:

Was this at gunpoint or at knife point?

Give me a break, I've worked every holiday there is before, including a few double shifts over night on New Year's while my wife(pregnant with our son) and our newborn daughter were at home. Upon completion of an application you should already know that Disney is open year round, so there's no blaming the work schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom