Grocery Store

SyracuseDisneyFan

Original Poster
Ok. I'm headed to Disney World from May 11 to 17 with my Mom and younger siblings. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village and we'll have a rental car. I know we're fairly close to both WalMart Super Center and a Super Target. I also feel like we're close to a Publix. In terms of prices and selection, what's the better choice?

Thanks.

Trisha Lynn

This may not help you but my hobbit and I are probably going to end up going to the Publix because we like going to local chains and stores when we travel to see what the similarities and differences are. I suppose you could search for the Publix website and look at their weekly ads to see how the sales prices compare to WalMart and Target to get a good idea. Just be sure to use the AKL as your "zip code" when you do the "search for a store" thing and you'll get the regional weekly ad as opposed to the one in your area.

nickys

Premium Member
Ok. I'm headed to Disney World from May 11 to 17 with my Mom and younger siblings. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village and we'll have a rental car. I know we're fairly close to both WalMart Super Center and a Super Target. I also feel like we're close to a Publix. In terms of prices and selection, what's the better choice?

Thanks.

No idea on comparisons, I'm from the UK and have always used the Publix. What's really handy is you can go out the back road near Kidani and it's 5 minutes down the road. So much easier than going all the way out on the main exit road under the Welcome sign! Decent selection, always found most of what we need. There's also a liquor store there too, almost next door.

Thanks.

Wal mart biggest and cheapest but super target lot nicer shopping experience

BigRedDad

It depends on what you are buying. Obviously Walmart will be cheapest followed by Target and Publix. If you are buying things like bottled water, Walmart is the way to go. If you are buying fresh meats, Publix. There are places right up the street in the Four Corners area from AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom