1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Grocery Store

Discussion in 'WDW Offsite Hotels, Dining, Shopping' started by SyracuseDisneyFan, Mar 17, 2017.

1. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

Ok. I'm headed to Disney World from May 11 to 17 with my Mom and younger siblings. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village and we'll have a rental car. I know we're fairly close to both WalMart Super Center and a Super Target. I also feel like we're close to a Publix. In terms of prices and selection, what's the better choice?

Thanks.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  2. Trisha Lynn

Trisha Lynn Well-Known Member

This may not help you but my hobbit and I are probably going to end up going to the Publix because we like going to local chains and stores when we travel to see what the similarities and differences are. I suppose you could search for the Publix website and look at their weekly ads to see how the sales prices compare to WalMart and Target to get a good idea. Just be sure to use the AKL as your "zip code" when you do the "search for a store" thing and you'll get the regional weekly ad as opposed to the one in your area.

3. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member Original Poster

4. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

No idea on comparisons, I'm from the UK and have always used the Publix. What's really handy is you can go out the back road near Kidani and it's 5 minutes down the road. So much easier than going all the way out on the main exit road under the Welcome sign! Decent selection, always found most of what we need. There's also a liquor store there too, almost next door.

5. s&k'smom

s&k'smom Well-Known Member

There is a publix about 15/20 mins from the airport and it's always very quiet. We stop in every visit.

6. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

I shop at Publix in Celebration

DPN likes this.
  7. disneygeek 2069

disneygeek 2069 Member

I found the prices at Target to be the best. And they have a decent selection.

8. SyracuseDisneyFan

Thank you. I do visit my Target store at least once a month. I have an unhealthy obsession with that place.

9. saddisneyfan1972

saddisneyfan1972 New Member

Wal mart biggest and cheapest but super target lot nicer shopping experience

10. SyracuseDisneyFan

Thanks. I've noticed here in Syracuse, I can find items at Target that aren't available at WalMart or my local grocery store.

11. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

It depends on what you are buying. Obviously Walmart will be cheapest followed by Target and Publix. If you are buying things like bottled water, Walmart is the way to go. If you are buying fresh meats, Publix. There are places right up the street in the Four Corners area from AKL.

12. SyracuseDisneyFan