Grocery delivery, any advice?

Muppetmom

Hi All,

So we are now at 38 days and counting till our big trip. i was thinking about having some groceries delivered to the hotel for our week there. Things like water, some juice and munchies and some granola bars .
( We will be traveling with two walking stomachs, who have cleverly impersonated 12 year olds. So muchies will be needed!) :slurp:

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on which stores deliver and what the delivery fee's are?

Thanks for your assistance
:xmas::wave::xmas::wave::xmas::wave:

DisneyPirate85

well Muppetmom saved me a thread, We have the same question? 2 little ones eat all the time even with the Dinning Plan we'll need stuff for the room and are flying in using DME so will need it delivered to POR.:wave:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I don't think I'm allowed to post actual links, but the web addresses should be pretty self-evident.

Gooding's is a local supermarket that also offers a delivery option. $20 fee. $50 minimum. VERY convenient because you don't have to schedule your delivery time and don't have to be present. They deliver directly to Bell Services, so it doesn't matter whether you're in your room or not (it doesn't even matter if you haven't checked in yet). Bell Services will store your delivery for you, even keeping the cold stuff cold for you. Pricey, but very convenient. I've used them twice, and was completely satisfied each time. The selection on their website seems kinda limited, but they will deliver anything they stock on their shelves (in other words, you're not limited to what's listed -- you just call them with special requests). However, they CAN'T deliver alcohol.

Garden Grocer is a stand-alone delivery service. It's a $12 fee and I think a $40 minimum (but I'm not 100% sure about that). Their standard practice is to schedule your delivery and you have to be present at your room, but if you ask they will deliver in the Gooding's style (to Bell Services, so you don't have to sit around and wait). GG CAN deliver alcohol, but I think they'll only do it if you are present for the delivery.

Upvote 0

JML42691

If you are intending on purchasing alcohol from Garden Grocer, then send them an email with your order number after you have placed your order online. They have to do this as they are not allowed to sell alcohol products by a website.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

We will be in the same situation for food when we go in February. I read on a thread that there is a grocery store close to Downtown Disney. Does anyone know the name and is it really close or quite a hike from Downtown Disney? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Gooding's is the one closest to DTD.

Unless you have a car, why waste the time shopping and getting to and from there if you can just have it delivered?

Upvote 0
Garden grocer is amazing. I use them every trip, and I have never had a problem. There prices are fair, and if you don't have anything that needs to stay cold they will leave it at the bell stand and you can get t when yo return to your room. Hope this help, and if you need more information about GG feel free to hit me up!

Upvote 0

reptar77

there is a publix right outside disney property next to the Walgreens 3 min drive. You could take a cab there and not have to worry about delivery fees.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

We used garden grocer in september and it worked great. They have a website that with a good q and a section about their service. Our order was delivered directly to our room. We scheduled a two hour window and they call a half hour before they get there. According to their website if they do not get a hold of you they will deliver to bell services who (for all disney hotels) does have a fridge and freezer to keep perishables fresh.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

there is a publix right outside disney property next to the Walgreens 3 min drive. You could take a cab there and not have to worry about delivery fees.
I can't imagine that round-trip cab fare would be cheaper than a $12 or $20 delivery fee; in fact, it would be impossible that the cab would be cheaper. Trying to escape the delivery fee by paying for a cab makes about as much financial sense as buying two separate one-day Disney admission tickets in order to escape the fee for the park-hopper add-on.

Upvote 0

KC82271

Being I have travelled with children of all ages, as well as my own 2 year old, I have always shipped my "food" by UPS. Granted I get a discount as my company has a contract with them now, but before they did, I paid the full price and it was still cheaper.

For example, I purchased 3 six packs of 24oz pepsi bottles for $9 when on sale at Target. Shipping them let's say with a total of 10 lbs in the box would cost about $4 with the employee discount, $6 without. So broken down, the bottles cost 50 cents each, plus about 33 cents a bottle (at most). That's less than a dollar a bottle that you are going to pay $2+ for at the parks (not to mention the bottles I got were bigger than the 20oz in the parks.

This is especially helpful when you have a baby or toddler - but your foods on sale at home - you pay an arm and a leg when ordering them online!

Going on Saturday, I have shipped all my boxes out (3 for me, 2 for friends) and they will all be at the resort when I arrive. No need to transport diapers, water, soda or snacks!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You hadn't said if you were driving or are renting a car. We went to a super wall mart and got everthing we needed, ans saved some money to boot too. :animwink: Just watch out for the little places the rip you off royal

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Hadn't concidered the UPS route, THANKS, thats what we will do. We are shipping a Pre-Lit tree down for Christmas will just include our "snacky" stuff with it.:wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

The above info still works :wave:

We used a town car service this past trip and they gave us a free stop at Publix. It was great, we got cereal, snacks and a whole bunch of water. The extra bed in the room came in handy! It had food piled all over it :lol:

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We used Garden Grocer last summer at the Campground and were very happy with the service. it saved me a trip of site to stock up and the delivery was made to the front desk and they left a note on our RV to call when we got back. No complaints and the quality and price was excellent. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a similar service. We will definately be using them again.

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

I am afraid of putting my car seat aged daughter on ME since there are no seatbelts so we do the car service. The grocery stop was free and we didn't have to bring bulky things like snacks and diapers in our suitcases.

Upvote 0

figmentisgreat

About shipping via UPS.

What is the process for this? Would I just log onto target.com and check out normally? How many days before my trip should I have it sent to ensure that it gets there? and What address should I ship it to for All Star Sports?

Thanks!:wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

What is the process for this? Would I just log onto target.com and check out normally? How many days before my trip should I have it sent to ensure that it gets there? and What address should I ship it to for All Star Sports?

Thanks!:wave:
I don't think Target does this. I think there's a SuperTarget nearby but you'll have to actually go there.
You'll have to go to gardengrocer.com or goodings.com and order what you'll want. They should have the guidelines on the websites.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

You can ship packages to yourself to the resort you are stayingat. They will hold it for you and when you arrive, it is yours. I have heard of many that send food, water bottles, juice boxes, etc., It saves them time and money in the parks.

I have also heard Garden Grocer is good. Never used them personally, but heard great things.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom