Griffin Rd

tonymu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know the reason why Griffin Rd was built between US192 and World Drive? When it was first built, a long, long time ago I thought something would soon be added there. But after all these years nothing has been done there. Was there some plan for it when it was built that changed? It seems hard to believe that it is only a giant long ramp to get to and from West 192 to South World Drive when they could have just added a couple more loops at the intersection.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Capture.PNG

For reference

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My guess -- and this is only a guess -- is that they originally planned to run that ramp a bit farther north than it currently runs (there are traces of some clearing visible) and ran into an issue that stopped them. Any closer to the 192/World drive intersection and they'd have to cut through some small hills (where the trees are) that show about 20 feet higher than grade on Google Earth.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Reedy Creek owns the roads and a parcel of land to the West of Griffin. But, the encircled land and the parcels to the East and South are owned by The Celebration Company.

IOW: I dunno.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom