Greetings! Need help with Honeymoon ;)

PHollens

Original Poster
Hello all, I've been reading for a while now and finally decided to say hello. I'm planning my honeymoon and of course me and my new wifey to be want to make it as special as possible and have it at WDW!

My difficulty right now is actually when to book, who to book through and what resort to choose! We are getting hitched on August 25th, but because of pricing we decided to push the official honeymoon back until I could find a better deal and the hurricane season really passed through it's peak. (Although were going to go to the Oregon coast for a little meow time right after the wedding! )

What would you guys recommend as far as when to go in the sept 3rd - oct 31st range....

It seems from what I researched the weather is much nicer in October... Average temp around 75, less hurricanes etc, but I believe the value season for most of the resorts ends in late September... is this correct? And I'm trying to get value prices for the resorts... I'm looking at a stay of around 5-6 days, as we are also going on a Royal Caribbean cruise after the stay (We both work for Royal Caribbean as singers so we get good rates) so the WDW will really make our honeymoon magical. Also considering the dining discount that is on right now from Check-ins ...August 26 - September 22, 2007 anyone heard much about that deal yet?

The resorts I was thinking of after reading up on the Unofficial Guide 07' and on here and other places were the Polynesian, Port Orleans Riverside and Possibly Wilderness Lodge...

So what dates would people suggest?

What resort out of those, or others if you have a preference?

And finally what is the best way to book to find the lowest fare as we are musicians and our budget isn't as high as I wish it could be.

Thanks in advance any and all help is MUCH appreciated!!

PHollens

Original Poster
Also, is getting a AAA membership worth it, as I've heard some amazing discounts for AAA members....

The travel agent I was going to book through was Small world Vacation Inc. something the Unoffical guide recommended... Sue Pisaturo's company... anyone ever used them (WDWVacations.com)

Teenchy

Welcome & Congrats.

First I would recommend a book that my new wife and I (Just got married at WDW in December-read link in signature for details) have used for years. Its great for couples who love WDW and dont have kids.
http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-W...6434231?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176929074&sr=8-1

It will give you alot of great romantic ideas and details.

Of the choices you gave I would pick Poly for your Honeymoon. It has that great tropical feel, nice pool, very nice to walk around the grounds in the evening with the tiki torches going and along the beach in the evening to watch Wishes Fireworks. If you have the $$ to splurg go for concierge with castle view.

See this website for everything Poly : http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Also if you want some great brownie points with the new wife, here are some other suggestions. A boat ride/cruise to watch Wishes, florial or other special gift delivery to your room from www.disneyflorist.com.

Carriage ride around POFQ, dinner at California Grill with window seat for Wishes Fireworks or step up to the big $$ and have a dinner at Victoria & Alberts (WOW)

And again something really unique or full room decorating www.giftsofalifetime.com

Again it cost a bit of $$, but this is a once in a lifetime thing right! I have used them several times, including decorating my suite on our wedding night!

Again get the Disney for Couples book, I think it will help alot.

Good Luck and have a great time!

PHollens

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! Just stopped in @ Amazon purchased the last book they had in stock. BTW, your Wedding sounded AMAZING!!!!!! Grats to you!

As for my other questions anyone have feedback on best time to go in that time range? Also, I saw another couple that did some time at Riverside, and then finished with the Poly.... because of our price range this might be a good idea... Any feedback on that?

Best dates to go and who to book through would be awesome!! :sohappy:

maelstrom

Go ahead and book with Kingdom Konsultants. They are a sponsor on this board. Pam has been very helpful with our reservation for next month, and just split our stay with 5 nights at the AKL and 5 nights at the Poly, with the AP rates.

PHollens

Original Poster
Go ahead and book with Kingdom Konsultants. They are a sponsor on this board. Pam has been very helpful with our reservation for next month, and just split our stay with 5 nights at the AKL and 5 nights at the Poly, with the AP rates.

Maelstrum, sounds good, does Kingdom Konsultants take a percentage or do they get their commissoin through disney, as their name sounds like they are part of the company.... Also what does AP rates stand for? Also, does anyone have any tips or secrets on asking for specific rooms, as it sounds like usually they don't grant your wish... I know telling them it's your honeymoon is helpful, but the Unofficial guide says that it's a crap shoot. Thanks for any help on these and the above questions. Especially regarding dates, best time to book $$ wise and with what resort for a romantic honeymoon!

maelstrom

Maelstrum, sounds good, does Kingdom Konsultants take a percentage or do they get their commissoin through disney, as their name sounds like they are part of the company.... Also what does AP rates stand for? Also, does anyone have any tips or secrets on asking for specific rooms, as it sounds like usually they don't grant your wish... I know telling them it's your honeymoon is helpful, but the Unofficial guide says that it's a crap shoot. Thanks for any help on these and the above questions. Especially regarding dates, best time to book $$ wise and with what resort for a romantic honeymoon!

KK doesn't charge for their services. I don't know if they get a commission from Disney but they aren't a part of the Disney company or anything like that. They're just travel agents who specialize in Disney travel. AP means Annual Pass. AP holders get discounted room rates (usually) throughout the year. Note any room requests on your reservation, and also note that it is your honeymoon. Don't listen to the "Unofficial Guide". If you are genuinely unhappy with your room (paid for woods view and are overlooking a loading dock with no woods and lots of loud noises [has happened at the Wilderness Lodge]), feel free to go back down to the front desk and ask for another room; you didn't get that room for free, you know. I had to do that at the WL last year, but I did finally get a great room overlooking the otter pond with a clear view of the castle and it was beautiful and tranquil, which is what I wanted, hence "woods" view. Don't expect to get upgraded from parking lot view to water view, but make sure you're getting what you paid for.

If you want to go at a cheap time, go in the fall or first couple of weeks of December. Also try looking for any discount you can get (AAA, etc). I think some nice resorts for a honeymoon would be the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you're looking for a moderate, my vote is for the Caribbean Beach or French Quarter.

PHollens

Original Poster
Thanks those are a few resorts I hadn't thought of I'll check into them! If you were ranking those in order of most romantic, best value what would they be? Both the Deluxe, and the Moderate?

maelstrom

Thanks those are a few resorts I hadn't thought of I'll check into them! If you were ranking those in order of most romantic, best value what would they be? Both the Deluxe, and the Moderate?

Most Romantic (in my opinion):
- Polynesian
- Wilderness Lodge
- Grand Floridian
- Beach Club
- Animal Kingdom Lodge

Best Value (in my opinion):
- Wilderness Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Polynesian
- Beach Club
- Grand Floridian

Caribbean Beach outranks French Quarter in everything. The rooms are the biggest moderate rooms on property, the food court is awesome, it doesn't share a bus with another resort (French Quarter and Riverside share buses and it's just awful), the decor is bright and fun, they play steel drum music and Jimmy Buffett in the common areas, there are multiple bus stops within the resort (there's only one at the front of French Quarter), each "island" has its own quiet pool in addition to the main pool (CB is divided up into six "islands": Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Barbados, & Trinidad North and South).

PHollens

Original Poster
Excellent! Well I'm on my way to booking tomorrow or the day after and will look extensively at these resorts. Anyone else have any feedback for my circumstance? One of my best friends also works for Disney / Pixar and I believe can get me a 35% off rack price.. just checking now if he can get something similar to that price off value season as well.... any other info would be great, you guys have been a major help... I've been taking notes!! ;)

PHollens

Original Poster
Just want to put in a great word for Marie with Kingdom Konsultants, she was AMAZING today on the phone, I haven't booked yet still price checking, but whatever you do I strongly encourage you to book with KK!!! I've heard great things of Pam, but Marie was a incredibly friendly and helpful!

shanny

marie is one of my most favorite people in the world right now! she makes everything involving the honeymoon so easy, shes an angel. we are going from 8.18-8.26. right in the middle of hurricane season. but we added travel insurance to our package, and if we get struck by a big storm say, on the 24th...the insurance covers the whole span of your trip. i didnt like the idea of waiting 2 months from the wedding for our honeymoon. i dont even want to wait till afte rthe wedding now, getting too excited about disney!! im more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding, please tell me this is normal? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom