Great Weather + Low Crowds + Free Dining = One Great Disney Vacation!!!

Hi everyone! And welcome to my first attempt at a trip report! Bare with we, I promise I'll attempt to do my best to make this entertaining as possible. But before we get to the good stuff, lets cover the basics shall we?

Travel Dates: 9/22-9/27

Resort: Disney' Pop Century

The Cast:

Reese (Me): Loves all things Disney and can't wait to plan our next trip.
003.JPG

Devon (DS7): He is the most handsome little guy ever! His mommy passed on her Disney addiction at an early age! This was his 6th trip to Disney! Yes he is one lucky little boy if you as me!
love01.gif

021%20%282%29.JPG

Judy (DBFF): My Best Friend since 1st grade and was so happy when I asked if she liked to come with us!!! This was her first trip back to Disney in almost 10 years!!!
eek.gif
(Judy is in the black shirt to the left of me).

018.JPG

Ok, now that the who, when and where is covered, lets get to the good stuff! :sohappy:

Arrival Day: Tuesday September 22nd

Ok so, I was a mean mommy and made my little guy go to school today since our flight was not till this evening!
mad.gif
My thought was to have him miss the least amount of school as possible, geese I was just trying to be a responsible mom!
rotfl.gif
So the day started off with me dropping Devon off at school and running home to do some last minute schoolwork for my Masters class I am taking. I actually finished up quicker then I anticipated so I quick ran to the nail salon for a mani and pedi! Boy was the relaxing! Didn't my piggy toes turn out so cute!
laughing.gif

101.JPG

Continued in next post...

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Once done, I ran home straightened up around the house, jumped in the shower, got ready and headed to the school bus stop to pick up Devon! The smile that was on his face was priceless!!! You could just tell how excited he was! So home we went to get ready to leave for the airport! Fed the boy a quick snack, did his homework, packed his carry-on bag (he was using his school bag), and changed him into his travel gear and we were on our way by 4:40p to pick up Judy! For once, Judy was actually ready to go!
rotfl.gif
So we threw her bags into the trunk and we were on our way to my parents house so my brother could take us to the airport, after a little struggle to fit all of our bags into the car of course!

We were on the road to the airport by 5p, luckily we only live a few minutes from Philly International so, with traffic we arrived at PHL by 5:20p for our 6:59 flight!!! Check-in was a breeze as was security, we got a bit confused at this point thought, the airport is undergoing extensive renovations, so we actually had to walk to another terminal b/c the one that Air Tran usually flys out of was closed. So we headed to gate E8 and relaxed while we decided what we would get to eat while we waited!!! So what did we get??? Chickie N Petes!!! Um Um!!! So good, we love this place! Devon and I shared crab fries and buffalo chicken strips and Judy got a turkey wrap! By the time we ate, we had just enough time to run to the bathroom before boarding began.

Here's Devon waiting to board the plane to Disney

001.JPG

Boarding was quick and easy, we were in the front of the plane which meant we boarded last, but were off the plane first! Woo Hoo!!
woohoo.gif

Here's Devon the dude waiting for take off:

002.JPG

Man, the amount of planes that were in line for take off was ridiculous!!! I swear it was like we were in a traffic jam!
lmao.gif
So after about 25 minutes of taxi-ing we finally took off!
yay.gif
The flight to Orlando was pretty uneventful. Except for the fact that I darn near punched a flight attendant in the face. Now I'm not one to make a stink of things, but this dude really tipped me off!!! So, the attendants are doing the drink and snack thing and when they get to our row, they give Judy pretzels and no one else, but they take all of our drink orders. While the flight attendant is passing out our drinks, Devon kindly asks, can I please have some pretzels, to which the flight attendant rolls his eyes and says "yeah what about them"? So now I jump in and say he nicely asked you if he could have a bag of pretzels since you failed to give them to eveyone in the row but her (I was pointing at Judy). At this point the dude sighs and tosses the bag of pretzels at Devon!!! I was literally about to get out of my seat and tackle this moran for this arrogant attitude! Best part is, after we landed I received a survey in my email from the airline asking about my flight, to which I complained about the service we receives.

Ok, now that I ranted and raved, lets move on, so the rest of the flight was smooth sailing, Devon fell asleep until it was time to land.

Look at my little sleepy head!

003.JPG

Now here's where the fun begins!!! Devon has been flying since he has been a baby and has never had any issues with ears popping, etc... Well, of course, he came home from his dad's on Sunday night all congested and coughing, he has allergies, so that's pretty common this time of year for him, well, I never thought that the poor kid would be in agony b/c of it when we were landing!!!
scared07.gif
He cryed and wimpered in pain the entire time we were desending! I felt so bad, all I could do was hug and kiss him and tell him it would be ok soon!

We landed in MCO at about 9:30p, about 15 minutes ahead of schedule, grabbed our carry-on bags and darted to the restrooms, I gave Devon some Tylenol at that point to ease some of his pain. We then boarded the airport "monorail" and went to retrieve of baggage.

Poor Dev looks so sad in this picture!
guilty.gif

004.JPG

continued in next post...

disneygirl1

Original Poster
By the time we got to baggage claim our bags were already going around the belt!! Woo hoo!!! So we went down a level and checked in with magical express, since we already had are vouchers, we did not have to go to the counter, we went right to the POP line, boarded the bus and we were on our way!
yay.gif
We arrived at POP before 10:30P!!! Less then an hour from landing in Orlando!! Not to bad! :sohappy:

I did online check in before we arrived so I literally walked right up to the check-in desk and was on my way within minutes. I requested a room in either the 70's or the 50's. So was our requested granted you ask? You bettcha!!! we were given a room in the 70's on the 4th floor! This was such a perfect location! It was convenient to everything and it was so quite! I highly recommend!

094.JPG

So once we got situated, we decided to hit the pool for a bit before bed! Here are a few shots from around POP:

Our room:

006.JPG

095.JPG

View from Balcony at night:

007.JPG

Heading to the pool:

009.JPG

Devon doing some swimming!

010.JPG

011.JPG

At this point, Devon was getting hungry so we heading to everything POP to get him some thing to eat, before calling it a night!

013.JPG

Well, that about wraps up the night!!! Stay soon for the details of our first full day at Disney and an unhappy surprise for me!

njDizFan

great TR so far, can't wait for the next installment.

Feel sorry for the little guy with the allergies though, happened to my DD last time.

Nothing like a trip to MK to clear that up....

corey154

Loving your trip report, i can't wait for the rest. It looks like you little man was feeling better in that pool! :animwink:

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Thanks eveyone!!! Have to attend a school function for Devon tonight, so hopefully I will be able to get an update in before then, if not, definitely tomorrow morning!!! Devon sure did perk up between the airport and the resort! Thank goodness, guess Tylenol really does work! :lol:

meganw1985

Fun trip! I'm so excited to read it, as I am going with my 7yo son and my best friends in November! We are also staying at Pop, but just for one night before we go to the Wilderness Lodge. Keep it comin!!! :wave:

HollyBelle

Poor Dev looks so sad in this picture!
guilty.gif

004.JPG

Yay, Reese. You've started your trip report!! You could have fooled me because this picture totally looks like it was taken at the end of your trip when you had to return to the airport. I'm glad he started feeling better. I can't wait to read more!!

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Day 1 Part 1

Wednesday Sept. 23rd Holllywood Studios

Of course we woke up bright an early for our first full day in Disney and b/c we had 8:50a breakfast ressies at Cape May Cafe! We were out the door and on the bus to DHS to catch the ferry to BC by 8:10a. We were all super excited to get the day started, but boy was it HOT already!!!

Look at the haze as we were leaving our room!

014.JPG

015.JPG

And lines at the bus stops!! not to bad at 8a in the morn, I've seen worse!

018.JPG

Snapped a few pictures as we headed toward the Beach Club...

020.JPG

021.JPG

024.JPG

We finally arrive to our destination and were seated promptly despite the fact that the lobby was completely full with people waiting to be seated!!! Sure didn't see me complaining!

025.JPG

And this is the point that things started to go down hill!! First off, the waitress was HORRIBLE!!! We waited 20 minutes before she finally came over to the table to take our drink orders and then another 10 to bring them back!!! That was the last we saw of the waitress until I literally walked and tracked her down to pay!
eek.gif
One mishap down, onto my drama, but first, a little back story! So I woke up Sunday the 20th with pain in my jaw, pretty nomal since I grind my teeth, but as time went on, the pain was definitely not going away like it normally does, I was popping Advil and Aleve left and right, and that seemed to be working, at least until this point!!!
confused24.gif
By the time I took my first bite of food, the pain was crazy, not only did by jaw hurt, but now my whole face hurt, especially in the sinus area under my eyes! So what did I do? Stopped eating, popped an Aleve and sucked it up!!! I'm in Disney darn it!!! I was not about to let this get me down!

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Day 1 Continued

Here's a few pictures from the breakfast!

026.JPG

028.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

Devon and Judy finished eating and we headed back to the boat launch for a fun filled day at DHS!!!

Here are a few pictures I took while strolling back to the boat dock!

034.JPG

023.JPG

022.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

Quick Review of Cape May Cafe: This was our first time eating here and we were all looking forward to it. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed!
guilty.gif
the food selection was limited and the whole ordeal with waiting forever for the waitress to show her face left a sour taste in my mouth! Don't think I will be heading back here anytime soon!

Stay tuned for our arrival to DHS!!! And to find out it I started to feel better....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom