Great Super Bowl Commercial - Go Disney!

RonAnnArbor

Original Poster
What a great commercial during the SuperBowl...the players practicing how to say "I'm going to Disney World" if they win...memorable and cute...and surprisingly repeated several times (mega bucks for Disney)...:sohappy:

napnet

I loved that commercial! Watched it twice and it got me excited to hopefully hear a player actually say it after the game. I though that i had heard they wernt going to do anything?

Either way it was done very well and was enjoyable. I hope to see it more!:sohappy:

RonAnnArbor

Original Poster
Disney got a good deal on this one...not only do they have the Disney-ABC link, but ABC is able to pop in the Disney ads to fill the unsold ad spots and still get their money's worth. A win-win.

jesserin

napnet said:
I loved that commercial! Watched it twice and it got me excited to hopefully hear a player actually say it after the game. I though that i had heard they wernt going to do anything?

Either way it was done very well and was enjoyable. I hope to see it more!:sohappy:

I didn't catch it- did they interview any of the players yet? I want to hear them actually say it! I love the dude (sorry no football knowledge at all) at the end that said "I gotta act suprised... I'M GOIN TO DISNEY WORLD!"

donsullivan

Premium Member
napnet said:

I saw the follow-up commercial this morning on GMA with Heinz Ward saying 'I'm going to Disney World'. After he said it they cut to the Castle fireworks and then back to him saying 'and I'm taking the bus'; standing next to Bettis.

Believe it or not...Disney/ABC signed deals with the players most likely to win the MVP and Hines Ward (the MVP) was not one of them. That's why, tho' he did try sticking the "I'm going to Disney World" in when he was up on the podium, but not many caught it. The "I'm going to Disney World" commercial was pretty cute, not as funny as some of the others *cough Magic Refridgerator cough*, but it was cute. Joey Porter is the highlight, he's the one who was trying to pretend being surprised. I must say tho, ABC really dropped the ball (no pun intended) with the post game show. It was so bad...it didn't seem as if they knew what they were doing. They only talked to Hines and Jerome? What Ben Rothlisberger, Randel El, Joey Porter? This is the Super Bowl....they even missed the hand shake between Bill Cowher and Mike Holmgren and that's unheard of in football. Holmgren actually went into the locker room later to shake Cowhers hand because ABC messed it up. The cameras did a good job catching Cowher standing alone in the middle of the field looking for Holmgren and mouthing "Where's Mike at?"....Mike never came became the people for ABC took him somewhere else. What a mess..and for a Steelers diehard fan like me.....that's really pushes my buttons....bet they wouldn't have messed it or had such a short post game party if it was the Patriots.

CTXRover

For those who missed it or are interested in seeing it again, the "I'm going to DisneyWorld" commercial with the players practicing saying it can be found here: http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12 Just scroll down to the "DisneyWorld" heading and you'll find it. Really great commercial and pure Disney.

All of the commercials seen during the superbowl can be found at that site as well. As usual, the Budweiser commercials were the best, imo...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom