Great Pressler Inerview

wdwcrazy

Probably if the sub ride does good in DL, we could see it in WDW. He also said that an e-ticket attraction is on the way for AK and DCA. :D :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ont he subject of Fire Mountain etc... I came across something recently that confirms that Fire MOuntain was most definately on the cards to open in 2002. It was SO close to a done deal....

Lets hope it comes back to life soon! lOL.

On the mention of the 20k Lagoon, heres a quote from www.wdwmagic.com/magic2.htm

5 December, 1998: At the Magic Kingdom, replacing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea -- which closed three years ago is a major priority. "It's a very valuable piece of property," says Paul Osterhout, senior show producer and design director for the Magic Kingdom. But nothing will materialize immediately, Osterhout adds. That's because Disney plans a "major attraction" on that portion of the Magic Kingdom, and such attractions typically take five years to complete from design through buildout. Both Osterhout and Greg Emmer, vice president of the Magic Kingdom, are close mouthed about widespread speculation that a roller coaster dubbed Fire Mountain would be built on the location, only that there are lots of ideas floating around for new changes at the Magic Kingdom.

FutureCEO

get ride of him, now. while he's done good rides and ideas. but please he is stupid. he's done more stupid things than good things just like Eisner.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by wdw24557
get ride of him, now. while he's done good rides and ideas. but please he is stupid. he's done more stupid things than good things just like Eisner.

Well, unfortunately, you can't just fire somebody because you don't like them. Pressler will either have to quit or have his contract run out.

Kevin

Why do you think he is stupid? I thought he sounded quite intelligent in the interview. I was impressed with his answers. He even seemed human...much more in touch with the history and meaning of the company and the ideals of Walt. Saying his favorite park is Disneyland and his favorite ride is Pirates was very touching. Who knows if he means it but if he does, then he gets what Disney means. Disney does a lot more building than Universal and really tries. You'll have to give me some clear reasons why you don't like him and why you think he is 'stupid'.

Of course, I think the real issue is that more of the huge cash flow that comes from parks & resorts needs to stay in parks & resorts to further improve WDW and its attractions and entertainment even beyond the great place it is now. It is amazing how much free cash flow comes from these things and a lot of it seems to go to other parts of the company and to shareholders. Just think what could be done if even a small additional amount of the cash flow stayed on property.

WDW-Imagineer

Well... the reason everybody hates Eisner & Pressler is because they don't green light every single idea. If they did, Disney would be a Six Flags or Universal. All theming would be lost, and the crowds would be ridiculous. People don't realize that these guys have to run the company & parks from a business sense... not always from the thrill side.

Kevin

Thanks WDW-Imagineer. I agree. I want to see a lot of A+ Disney dark rides and Disney E-rides too but it takes time. Just because there aren't 30 awesome new rides every year doesn't mean we have to hate the CEO of the Company and the Chairman of Parks & Resorts. A more interesting debate is to discuss how to maximize the experience without bankrupting the Company or making it a target for takeover. I'm already nervous that the stock price is so low as a multiple of cash flow. People think management isn't good now, let them see what management could be like if Disney was taken over.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Kevin
Thanks WDW-Imagineer. I agree. I want to see a lot of A+ Disney dark rides and Disney E-rides too but it takes time. Just because there aren't 30 awesome new rides every year doesn't mean we have to hate the CEO of the Company and the Chairman of Parks & Resorts. A more interesting debate is to discuss how to maximize the experience without bankrupting the Company or making it a target for takeover. I'm already nervous that the stock price is so low as a multiple of cash flow. People think management isn't good now, let them see what management could be like if Disney was taken over.

Yeah, I would like to see Disney spend some more money on its money makers (the parks)... not spending $5 Billion on a cable company. With that money, every resort in WDW could have become a monorail resort.

markymark

I dont see how you can say that Eisner is stupid. Look at wdw and the disney company as a whole now, compared to when he took over. OK perhaps there has been a fall in performance of the company, but are there that many companies that haven't suffered recently. And the thing is, is that every problem is being highlighted. Attendance is down, but if you compare it to last year it isn't a surprise, because there was the millenium celebration. The start of this year has had no real "event" so far to entice people to visit, plus the fact that people probably decided to go in 2000 as it might be the holiday of a lifetime (I know it is for a lot of people who live over here).

I read the interview with Pressler and I have to say that he sounded really genuine and that he had a real love for what he is doing, and as Kevin sadi, he appears to be aware of the history of the company and what it stands for.

I think people are all to quick to think that the answer to a problem is to fire the top brass, maybe this is the case, but I don't know that this is what is needed here.

markymark

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
You don't become CEO of one of the world's largest companies by being "Stupid".

EXACTLY! He may be unpopular, but he certainly can't be accused of being stupid.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark

EXACTLY! He may be unpopular, but he certainly can't be accused of being stupid.

I did not even mention his high-management positions in Paramount & ABC... so that contributes more to his creditability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom